Older. Calmer. Wiser.

Friday, June 12, 2009

Docks, Jobs & A Lack of Understanding

 

I think I got the job. Right. So last night I went out to PrHomo, and proceeded to get very very drunk on €2 shots and €3 beers. So I had an awesome night. Like the best night in ages. And those girls fighting outside the bar was a classy touch for closing time, dare I say! Chinese food, a taxi, 3 hours sleep, and I was in the car!

I went to Belfast! Today I got up at 7AM after 3 hours sleep and drove to Belfast with my dad! We went to IKEA! Oh my god, them pesky Swedes have this whole ‘happy happy brainwashy’ thing down! Like you have to walk through every section before you can get out. That’s how difficult it is! But it’s awesome, I saw my future apartment, piece by piece. Aye but, it’s fierce easy to spend money like, you don’t see it rack up!

I also had a job interview today. And I think I got it. I went in and was waiting for like twenty minutes and finally yer man comes out. Mid twenties, bandana, tattoo’s and piercings. Grand job, he knows the youth obviously, so it should be easy to relate. I talked a bit with him, gave him all my details and he said he’s be in touch. So Monday or Tuesday, I’m getting an induction!

So now, I’m back in Dublin. Things with himself are still weird, because I still don’t know where my intimacy limit with him is at, and what he’s looking for, so I’m confused central. But I text him twice and he never text back. So now I’m doing an awesome job or pretending that it doesn’t bother me! pfffft, yeah right! This feels very like my little stalker last September. The shoe is on the other foot now!

Now in relation to the job, I have no idea of hours, wages, or what I’ll actually be doing. But if I actually get a decent set of days, say 3 days plus, I’ll be moving north. But here. I’ll have to get like public transport, broadband (there’s no phone line) and it means paying taxes to the icky British government! Boo that!

And application of the day is RocketDock! It’s like the mac dock thingy except for windows. tres handy! LINKY!

2 comments:

Jackdaw said...

I'm glad you got the job. Hopefully you can rebook your plane tickets to my city and come over in the first half of September as you planned.

You only sent two text messages to your guy; it's not as if you are flooding him with text messages. Apparently he's a bit busy now or not in a good mood. Just wait a bit and then call him?

Volodya said...

Good news.

I second Jack's advice about calling the guy in a while. Texting is overrated :) And calling is less about stalking, I think.