Ok. So now I'm in County Down right. Got a little Vodafone thingy today,
the little stick thing in the side of the laptop, and I have full signal.
but here. I can't access the dirty sites because I have to be over 18. So I rang them, and they want me to travel the 55KM
back to Belfast to show them my passport! Fuck that shit, right?
see here?
Can anyone suggest a good proxy site please? And not the usual suggestions, because China Vodafone have them blocked too!
A few observations of the north:
1)'wee' and ‘aye’ are the cutest words ever.
2)Their horrible to each other up here, but in a nice way. Their sense of humour is warped slightly!
3)headphones. Nobody uses them. Like nobody. Was on the bus today, and nobody had them in for the whole trip!
It was so so weird, everyone was just silently looking ahead!
4) Oh my god are the buses expensive up here. Like I'm talking about €4 just to go to town,
and that's a single! Jesus Christ, I'll be on the bike!
Everyone says hello to everyone. And I've like started at it too. Like walking down the street,
everyone says hello to you! Don't even know you, and they'll still say hello!
News travels fast. Like uber fast. I'm 'claires nephew who's working up in the hotel for the summer', to the people in the
chip shop and everywhere else. Either that or 'the new boy from Dublin'. I've been here for like a day!
neighbours are nice. Like my neighbours and the woman across the road, and the woman in spar that knows my aunt all told me that if I needed anything,
just pop in, and I'm more than welcome. My neighbours in Dublin have lived there since I was 13 and I don't know their names. A world of difference!
Minced beef - £2.89, lasagne sauce and sheet - £1.49, Cheese - £0.99. Things are so cheap! I love it.
A lasagne for around a fiver! The way to do it!
Oh my god the racism up here. But it's not like nigger this and nigger that, it's like observational racism! Today I
was talking to one of the lads and his exact words were 'their all fuckin' called sanjay and ranjay and manjay. Why don't they have normal names
like Tom and John and Paul?' I swear, my jaw was on the floor!
Oh yeah, I'm working in a hotel kitchen washing dishes for the summer. But it's not as shit as it sounds, the lads are great craic and there's a machine for cleaning everything!
The dishwashers are about the size of a whole washing machine! Like everything is on a conveyor belt so there's none of this 'manual labour' here!
I have the wages thing figured out roughly. I'm basically getting the UK Irish minimum wage. Like 20 Marlboro in Ireland is like what, €8.30? and minimum wage is €8.65.
Now, here, 20 Marlboro will set you back £5.41. And minimum wage is £4.77. So it all makes sense!
I love norn iron!

1 comment:
It sounds like great fun - keep blogging about NI!
Don't know any proxies but hope you'll have your troubles resolved! Will you be in Dublin for the Pride Parade?
Post a Comment