Now the honeymoon period has worn off & I want to go home to my big anonymous city. The village I’m living in has 1,065 residents. The Dublin Metropolitan Area has 1,661,185 residents. A little bit of a difference. I miss being able to walk down the street, and have nobody know who I am. I miss not paying 39 cent for a text message. I miss my friends living within walking distance of me. I miss public transport that doesn’t stop running before it gets dark.
I’m lonely, in case you haven’t put 2 and 2 together yet. I’m also out of money. I can’t walk the 6 miles (I Google map's it) to and from work. the buses stop running 5 hours before I finish work. Taxi’s are getting expensive. They have a driving culture up here. You turn 17, and you start driving, simple as. So the public transport isn’t widely used, so it’s not frequent. Where I live, buses are every 7 minutes, and on holidays and Sundays, their every 15 minutes.
Work is weary. It’s a constant demand. It’s just constant noise, screaming, demand demand demand. And like 9 or 10 hour days are just shitty. Like really shitty. I’m going back to Dublin on Sunday until Wednesday, so there’s something to look forward to.
Current Listening - Sing Songs Along by Tilly and the Wall

5 comments:
awwww x ill cheer you up when you're back ! mmm hagen daz ice cream in temple bar and adventures in sand!:)
Every down has an up.
It sucks with public transport. Well, at least there's something to look forward to with visiting Dublin - you might even see Tim's short film on Sunday night at Pantibar if you feel like it! ;-)
Turns out you're a city boy after all. No anonymous cruising in the village where everyone knows everyone?
So, you're complaining about bad mobility and being bored, while you are making money. Wouldn't it be a nice solution to take driving lessons in the north? In Dublin you'd never find the time for it, here you do. It's even a nice distraction and the sooner you do it, the better. It gets more expensive every year. Don't do it if:
1) You get a UK license that is worthless in Ireland
2) Lessons are more expensive than in Dublin
Not as useful in the long run as getting a driver's license, but a lot cheaper and quicker: buy a bike. Cycling to and from work would not only save money and time, but would probably do great things for your body.
Post a Comment