Yes, that’s right, things are vaguely looking up! Maybe the prospect that next Friday I’ll be finished college until the last week in September? That’s what, last week of May to last week of September, 4 months? Can you say Jackpot?
This country is a fucking joke. I’m emigrating before my Bachelor of Engineering Technology Honours Degree, Engineering Systems Maintenance is even cold. Seriously, like. The church had raped all these kids from god knows when, say the 1950s to the 70s or 80s. And the state has published a report, but they refuse to name names, or cooperate. There’s a group called One in Four, for victims of clerical abuse, and one of the guys got on the radio, naming the guy who abused him repeatedly, and HE GOT A FINE FOR IT. €2000. That is truly disgusting. Like the church gave a lot of land to the state worth €128,000,000, and that is counted as compensation. The land should have been taken from them. This country is a joke, if you’re thinking of moving, don’t. Stay away, it’s more trouble than it’s worth. Just stay away from Ireland, we are a toxic nation with a positive international image. If only you could see.
I have an interview or two as well, but it gets sweeter again, right. The first 2 paragraphs explain, but basically we have a house in a small rural village in Northern Ireland. Lots of jobs up north, big towns nearby, free house. Basically, I go north, work every hour god gives me, and make a fortune! Summers in Dublin are usually quiet, I’d just be sitting around if I wasn’t working like, so I may as well. AND, the north is ruled by the British government, which means that my wages would be in £ sterling, not € euro. For every 88pence sterling, I’d get €1. So I win again, earning sterling. And I’m not eligible to pay tax!
The thing is, I’d have a large 4 bedroom house to myself for the whole summer, but I actually know nobody up there apart from my cousins. So despite having a perfect party house, I have nobody to party with! I might just start growing drugs while I’m up there, pass the time like! Ha!
Yesterday was my mothers birthday, and I did nice things. I got her a €30 voucher, impersonal, I know, but there’s more, the usual card thing. It was bucketing rain here yesterday, right. Like I mean bucketing. I bought her a load of white roses, and walked through town in the hammerings of rain and showed up at her office with them. I don’t think she’s cried since I passed my state exams, and now I’m like the model son, it’s great. I have about 48 hours of ‘unable to do wrong’ I’d say, better make the most of it!
Ooh, I meant to tell yiz, the reason I’m all happy is that I got my laptop back, and reading the engineers report, they found one of the RAM yokes (I’m a engineer, righ’) wasn’t in properly, so I was only getting 2/3 of my RAM.
I’m a disgrace to music, like Someone whip me with my own headphones, I only discovered The Smyths, The Zutons and Massive Attack during the week! Shameful, right. My musical education is ongoing. Any recommendation in the comments please!

4 comments:
Working and living in the north sounds like a good idea. Can't you make friends with colleagues and other people you meet?
I've been trying to give you music education, but you're very stubborn.
I could. But it's very likely that I'll be working in a hotel, so like, they could all be older than me. Oh well, but still like :)
Next is your literature education........ Now, the poetry of Oscar Wilde............ bahahaha
That would be so so boring LIKE!
Post a Comment