So, right, get this.
I’m in motherfucking hell. I’m not going to dwell, but this is the worst long weekend ever.
So basically, I’m up in Northern Ireland this weekend with the ‘rents and brother. My mother is from a small rural village outside Belfast, where we happen to own several residences. So we’re in one of these god awful houses. No Friends. No Wi-Fi .No Phone line. No Digital TV. No phone. (without paying horrendous fees for roaming.) So basically I’m fucked, and it’s like 2 weeks until my exams, so I’m here to get fuckloads of study done. Doesn’t that sound like a great way to spend my 4 day weekend? Super Duper!
I was out on the lock last night. Oh, this is being written on the 1st of May, by the way, but I obviously can’t publish, due to like, no internet. Anyway, yeah, I went out on the piss with college last night. We went to PrHomo on Wicklow Street. There was pre-drinks in mine for the LGBT in college. Jesus Christ, my poor mother nearly had a conniption when she walked in and we were exchanging fashion tips and doing each others hair. But seriously, she claimed she had a great gaydar, and I died a little inside. So we were in PrHomo and I met loads of people I know not from college, just from out and about, and had an amazing night with them. See?
I think he looks a bit like yer man from Circle In A World of Squares..
Shane McGowan much? That was on the way to get food in Gay Charlie’s actually. It’s not actually gay specifically, but it’s across the road for the G, and the twinks come in from a long night of self importance to binge&purge on Chicken Fried Rice. So it’s known as Gay Charlie’s. Oh man, I was totalled. I had a bottle of €13 vodka before I’d even left the house, then proceeded to spend €35 on €2 shots and €3 beers. So you do the math, my head hurts! I got home at about 5 or 6, had an hours sleep, and went to college, in the same clothes, drunk as a motherfucker still. I had a lab today worth 25% as well, so like, it’s not even funny. I’m sitting here typing and I’ve got the shakes. It was so so much fun though, and I’m just on cloud nine.
I DESPISE new build houses, leaving me fucked for all of the future! Let me explain. My house was built in 1929. You can run into the walls and cause more damage to yourself, and the wall will not even have moved. If someone is downstairs screaming, they can’t be heard upstairs. It’s a solid house, a very fucking solid house.
But the house where I am right now in the north is a New Build. Well it was ours on the 10th of July 1996. And I hate the motherfucking thing with a passion. I was in the upstairs bathroom, and could hear the washing machine filling downstairs. I’m in the kitchen, and just heard my phone beep upstairs. Like it’s a Nokia, it just beeps once, on a lowish volume(I hate message tones with a passion). The walls aren’t thin, their new standard, but compared to my lovely solid Dublin house, this place is shit. I dunno, it feels so much less private here.
I’m very hungover. Thanks for listening to me rant. I’ll churn out a few posts this weekend…

1 comment:
Ah well, at least you got some time to study over there. I hope you'll pass all your exams, and I'm sure this boring weekend will help you achieve that.
Old houses have more personality and better walls, but I gotta say that new built houses need less maintance and are more fit for modern living in general.
Post a Comment