Older. Calmer. Wiser.

Monday, May 19, 2008

The Interview, Gay Night & Social Suicide

Sam here

 

I had my interview today. I was about 3 streets from the place and I got a call from them asking me where I was. I thought they wanted me there for half four, but they actually wanted me there for four. It was ten past when I got the call. So in my mind I was like FFFUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!

Anyway I arrived and this short blonde woman is waiting in the lobby for me. We go upstairs after introducing ourselves and the like and she brings me into this room with the cutest guy ever sitting across the table from me. And he was American. That accent! Anyway it was all bullshit about my enthusiasm for learning about business and the like. Twenty minutes later I'm leaving and I'm to expect a call from her in the next week or two.

I didn't get the job. No big deal, I hate banks anyway. There's something suicidal about putting numbers into a computer from behind a desk during the summer anyway.

In different news, I'm graduating tomorrow! Basically it's Mass, Scrolls & Speeches at the school, then out somewhere to get shit faced. But not everyone is equal....

Remember here I discussed that one socially awkward guy who's so difficult to include? Well now something other than my weakened conscious(which halved the day I met Holly) is forcing me to be nice to him. Mother dearest. The guy in question we'll call Alex. Now Alex's mammy & my mammy are the greatest of friends & Alex's mammy is worried about him tomorrow night, so suddenly I'm responsible for him, according to my mammy!

Ok, So if Alex doesn't get in tomorrow night, does that mean that I've to not go in too and get him a taxi home? Mind him? I'm not babysitting tomorrow, I'm going out, getting drunk and being inappropriate at every opportunity!

Speaking of inappropriate, isn't it funny that the club we're going to is a gay bar on Tuesdays? Nobody is quite aware of it! Can't wait for tomorrow!

Current Listening; The Arcade Fire - Neighbourhood No. 2

No comments: