Sam here....
Did you ever notice the awkward guy? The one who always seems to be on the outside, no matter how much you try to fit him or her in, they just won't socialise? I mean, we're in school, its lunch and everyone is at the lockers pissing about, just doing what we do, and then there's the 'one'. About 3 feet from the edge of the circle of us (people ALWAYS stand in circles because its more social), their there, watching like the worlds tamest animal, not about to strike. The group is Number 1, The awkward guy is number 2!
I've known this guy for 11 years now and he's the classic example. He basically has no friends, yet still we invite him with us. Say we're going out to the park for lunch right, on Monday someone will say it to him, on Tuesday someone will say it to him, on Wednesday someone will say it to him and on Thursday we'll forget to. Not on purpose, someone just forgot. And he won't show up. I don't get it.
I'll admit I was a Billy-no-mates for years before high school, but I made it, and have gained confidence and come out of the closet and blah blah blah, but when are these people going to do that??! Time is running out! And we're running out of sympathy and Patience! Come on, just say something, stop standing there clutching your bag and jacket! Come on! Come on!
Remember in the last post I said I'd have physic today? Well I did. Yesterday was Paddy's day and the teacher and everyone else (me included) showed up hungover. We sat in the staff room of the school and had coffee and doughnuts! A good mornings work!

No comments:
Post a Comment