Older. Calmer. Wiser.

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Weekends & worries

Sam here....


This weekend is going to be insane. Right so Friday is my dad's 50th birthday and I'm taking the day off school to do family stuff and celebrate. Then on Saturday I have to go hangover removal lessons, and spend the day getting ready for Hannah's 18th that night. I have to get her present, get a shirt/t-shirt, get a haircut, buy drink for myself and some friends. Then out to Hannah's to do whatever it is us teenagers do at house parties. Then I have to be home early Sunday morning for the 11 o clock mass for my Grandmothers 1 year anniversary of her passing. The family stuff with the extended family for my grandmother and my dad. So there's no rest for the wicked!

I spend way too much time thinking. It's exactly 6 weeks to my graduation and today we were preparing for it, by picking out music, writing speeches, deciding on a theme etc etc etc. But it got me thinking. Seniors who graduated when I was a junior always come back to visit favourite teachers and the like. They're grown-ups. So what am I? When I was a junior we all looked up the the seniors as mature and all the rest and now that I'm a senior, I don't know what people look up to? It's the same now, I'm a senior looking up to college students? When will the 'looking up' chain end? I'm just plain confused by the whole thing.

No comments: