Older. Calmer. Wiser.

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Output

Hey guys.

I didn't think I'd see this screen again, well, ever. But I'm here, and there's a big smile on my face. The other day, a letter plopped itself on the tiled porch floor, from google. How they have my full name, of Samuel, rather than Sam, and my home address, I do not know. But anyway, they were giving me €75 worth of free advertising for my blog.



Ah, that blog, I thought. And then the thought pestered me, and I found myself on the bus, looking up my blog on the blackberry, and smiling like a lunatic.

So how am I, I hear you clamour*?

I'm actually living in Dublin again, I got my first choice for university, and I'm in my second semester doing a degree in Tourism Management. I appear to be excelling at the management part, and I've been told my people skills are excellent, and that I have real potential. I appear to have landed on my feet? Marvellous.

I've also been involved with a few guys. Lots of date, some sexual empowerment classes, an eye opening relationship, and more defined wants and needs emotionally all have left me feeling happier. My 'anything will do' attitude has disappeared, and I'm happy.

I'm off to Thailand in June to work in an orphanage, and do a small tour. I'm a scout leader now, teaching a group of girls on a Thursday night. I'm in The Order of Malta Ambulance Corps. as well now. I'm filling my time (and my CV!) with good, decent things, trying to become more rounded.

You could say I've grown up? And how have you all been? I throw an eye over my blogroll from time to time.

Oh, and my sister emigrated. She's working for the civil service in Perth now! Delighted the golden child has disappeared, she can stop making me look bad now ;o)




*google, please fuck off, it's spelt clamour, not clamor. Well, on this side of the atlantic anyway, so shove your red squiggle up your arse.

3 comments:

JBGBC said...

Welcome back! Glad to hear things are going well.

Dean Grey said...

Sam!

I'm glad to see you posting again and to read that you're doing well in life!

-Dean

Pearl Store said...

I like a lot your blog!

Keep up the good work.
Please visit my blog and join me in facebook, i will do the same.

Good weekend