Older. Calmer. Wiser.

Monday, February 28, 2011

Food Guilt.

I have food guilt. I feel guilty when I eat.

I don't know why. I used to be really really big, and always felt paranoid eating in public, like people were looking, wondering why that heavy guy is still eating?

I lost a lot of weight over the summer, I was 103KG on the 1st of June, and now I'm at 86KG. I've still been avoiding food in public though. It we were in town, and my friends were getting food, I wouldn't, or else I'd order something and not eat it or pick at it. Particularly with the gays.

It's just, I don't want to be seen eating. Is that normal? In my head I still feel huge. I'm thinking that might have something to do with it?

9 comments:

Dean Grey said...

Ah yes, I understand this to a point.

I've ALWAYS been self-conscious about my appearance, mannerisms, etc..

So eating in public, talking to others, even just walking down the street can make me anxious especially when there are a lot of people around.

I keep thinking they're looking at me because I'm such an ugly, disturbed weirdo, which I guess is technically true.

*sigh*

-Dean

Anonymous said...

You shouldn't feel guilty at all, be proud of who you are and don't mind what others are thinking. =)


Windows 7 | Demand Planning | Houston Car Wreck Lawyer

Mind Of Mine said...

I feel your pain bro.

I sometimes get the guilts. I hate when I am with a meal with someone skinnier and better looking because the whole time I do be thinking, have I eaten to much or have I ordered to much.

It sucks.

Volodya said...

This post does not go too well with the "Older. Calmer. Wiser." heading :-\

Damien said...

Volodya - not cool in the slightest.

Our "guilts" have little to do with or be affected by how older calmer and wiser we are.

ive got a high IQ and used to be a counsellor and yet I have a list of "guilts" as long as my arm.

Where we ARE does not necessarily beat where we CAME from.

Sam - you will get over your guilt about eating in front of others - just be patient with yourself and ALLOW yourself to do it's thing in it's own time.

Remember tho - at the end of the day YOU are in charge - not the guilts - youll get there in the end.

Shalom and blessings to you

Damien
.

VIAJANDO E PULANDO said...

parabens,demais seu blog

Anonymous said...

I think that you should LOVE the way you are...you don't have to feel like that, actually :)

Hey said...

fashionistareport.com

♠Real People, Real Fashion♠

flygye12 said...

Suddenly remembered you after all these years. Wonder where u are now. :) My e-mail flygye12 at gmail.com