Older. Calmer. Wiser.

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Licking My Wounds

bbqedit2dark

 Jack went from being "single" to "in a relationship".”

How do I feel is obviously your first though, right? Well that smile was wiped right off my face, firstly. I’m fucking terrified that he’s going to be like everyone else. Like close friends of mine, previous friends who I’ve been so so close to, and then disappeared off the face of the planet once they get with someone. Is there no phone reception up his bum or something?

Anyway, so now, Jack is like, my parent, and best friend in a weird way. He’s keeping me on a good path, always looking out for me, always there, always has my back. So now when he gets with this boy, is he never going to be there? Maybe. People always say, that oh no, nothing will change now that I’m in a relationship, but it never stays true. It always happens. People change.

Last night I found this out. And today, while checking out my blogs, I saw Shaving My Balls With A Chainsaw, by Ryan had been updated. Boy when Ryan updates, he updates hard. And then I though, who am I to moan. I have a huge circle of friends, and if I want to get over someone, I can very easily get under someone else. But if you read Ryan's latest post, I can’t help but feel terrible for him. I want to go over there and show him how to get over someone properly.

So less feeling sorry for myself, more feeling sorry for Ryan. But on the same hand, is that really condescending? “Awww, poor you!” ? I’m not sure.

2 comments:

Gordon ("Greg") said...

Hey Sam. I don't really have any advice to offer you, but I hope that you and Jack don't lose the special friendship that you have. He seem like a good bloke though, so I don't think he'd ever intentionally hurt you or neglect you. He deserves to be happy and maybe he's found someone who will make him happy? Maybe try to look at it that way?

I had to comment on Ryan's post because it moved me so much. Thanks for linking to it.

Dean Grey said...

Sam!

Is Jackdaw the only man for you and Ryan?

I think not.

Once you experience life a bit more you'll see many people will come into your life along the way.

Some may stay. Some may go. But they'll always show up at some point.

(((HUGS))) to you and Ryan!

-Dean