Older. Calmer. Wiser.

Monday, July 26, 2010

Greg, Grey Skies, Blue Lips, In The Red & Red Hot Passion

Now THERE’S a title for you! So, I got back from camping on Friday and went straight out. Like straight on the lash. I bought  gorgeous plimsolls in Jack&Jones. SO I wore them out. Had a few vodka’s in the house with Roy before I went out. Johnny arrived home before we had left and he got all weird with me. I think he’s jealous about me being able to drink and generally get messy with my friends and he can’t do it any more.

Anyway! So we went to RIP at the button factory, which stands for Rock Indie Pop. It was absolutely brilliant, and I ran into Greg from my previous post there. And after getting a huge hug from him, I said “I’m mortified that you saw the post”, he just laughed at me and said I should be. So I had a savage night out. Got home at half six Saturday morning and died in bed until 5. I’d promised a friend that we’d do something on Saturday but totally forgot about it, and made plans with the locals. So after a fucking people around, I got, basically a bollocking from my friends over being flaky. Which was well deserved. Anyway, that was Saturday.

Sunday I’m back in work. Day dragged in from exhaustion of a weeks camping and two hectic nights, and was late on the Monday morning, today. At about half nine, a woman had a heart attack in the Jacuzzi. She died there and then. It was pretty rough of a day, to be honest. It’s playing on my mind as I type this. But what a way to go – sitting in a Jacuzzi!

My hours have been majorly reduced in work as well! I was down to 2 days this week, and usually I’d have 2 days off. So I persuaded my manager to give me 4 and a half days instead, for you see, dear readers, I’m off to Brighton Pride on the 6th of August! I’m going with the gays from Dublin, and it’s going to be Unreal. My siblings paid for my flights as a 21st present, so I’m so excited about that, but spending money might be an issue.

1 comment:

Volodya said...

It so happens that I will be at Brighton Pride too (with my friends from London) - give me a shout if you see me ;-)