Older. Calmer. Wiser.

Friday, June 11, 2010

Compatibility

Compatibility. It’s a hard balance, getting along with someone. So it’s even harder, doing it 24 hours a day, for a week.

Jack and I had a fight while I was in Europe visiting him. I’m more easy going, more laid back, fun. I just wanted to see where the city, which was foreign to me, would take me. Have a wander through it’s streets.

Jack had a bit of a checklist in his head, of things I just had to do. I went along with it, and on the large part, had no problem with it. Until we had a stupid argument. I think it was on the 5th day, and being around each other for a whole week had taken its toll.

And I did say some things I didn’t mean. And I apologised, and things were frosty. But there is a more long term effect. I realised that I don’t love him any more. I just see him as a very good friend now.

And I’m mot sure how to feel about that.

4 comments:

Mind Of Mine said...

Do you really believe that you were truly in love with him?

Sam said...

I really did.

Volodya said...

I am sure it's a good thing. I have a feeling it was holding you back in a way.

Jackdaw said...

I didn't have a checklist of things that we had to do, but if you wanted to see X and I knew there was route past Y1 and a route past Y2, I did want to know which you preferred to see on the way. In that respect, indeed I did plan. After all, I acted as your guide. I think we have been chilling a lot!

Actually in your apology you said you did mean what you had said before, but that you shouldn't have said it. That's a big difference...

I don't think that the three-minute argument and the following seven frosty minutes during our eight days of fun are the reason that you've fallen out of love with me. Although we had a good time, I think you discovered that I'm not as perfect as you remembered me from the previous two trips. Memories are tricky: in time they grow less accurate.

Falling out of love with me is a good thing. That gives room for a truer kind of friendship. I hope that you don't regret your visit and that we will meet again!