Older. Calmer. Wiser.

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Cocaine

bothers me. It really bothers me. Now, Jack has even written two posts (one & two) where he says he’s snorted it once, and that’s fine. But recently men who have come into my life have casually mentioned that they do cocaine whenever it’s offered to them.

Recently, a man who I cared about mentioned it, that he was off his face, and was going until 3PM the next day, and I thought nothing of it at the time. I didn’t go mad at him, didn’t storm off, but on the bus home, I got angrier and angrier. I then lost loads of respect for him, and then was disappointed.

Both myself, and a good friend of mine over at Tears of a Mannequin both agree that he made a crap decision, and we were both absolutely shocked. Like why?? He’s well educated, balanced, smart but cocaine?? Are we not better than that.

 

And who am I to say drugs are bad? Magic Mushrooms? Pills? Weed? Blow? Am I a filthy hypocrite?

Probably. But in my mind, there’s a clear divide between most drugs and things like cocaine, heroin, LSD, Speed, crack and harder drugs. They just seem like such a bad idea.

And recently, Kevin, the boy mentioned in my last post admitted to taking it whenever he’s offered it as well.

Should this bother me? You know gay men have like a drugs and sex party lifestyle, so if I cut out every man who does drugs, I’d have NO FRIENDS!

Thoughts?

5 comments:

Volodya said...

Just in case, I am with you on that. I take a very radical view here - it's more fun to alter reality by what we do than to alter our perception of it by drugs...

bvf said...

I'm the same, well I had some weed a few times but never anything stronger. When I was about 9 someone in my family died from heroin thats why it was never a question for me taking drugs... and I don't really respect people who take drugs. I have to say none of my close friends is taking drugs and most of them even never tried it.

Mind Of Mine said...

I am all for live and let live. As someone who enjoys drugs recreationaly I can safely say that it does not hold any moral issue for me.

Some people want to go through live tee-total and drug-free then that is thier choice.

I just think we can take enjoyment from things whenever and wherever we can. Our lives are long and we have room to enjoy things recreationally when we have the chance.

However I would not put Cocaine and Heroin in the same boat even if they are in the same class. Cocaine did not destroy this country for twenty years....

James said...

ANYONE that does Cocaine is an idiot. Simple.

I avoid people who are that stupid.

Dean Grey said...

Hmmm......

Not every gay man has a "drugs and sex party lifestyle".

Be careful who you surround yourself with, Sam!

-Dean