Hello gays!
I’ve been thinking. A radical concept, I know, but here’s what I thought. Pride. I’m proud. Not in a rainbow flags, parading through the town like a circus, trannys chugging cheap cider at 2PM way, but in a more internal way.
I’ve carved my own niche, and I should be damn proud of it. I’ve got pride in myself and my handiwork. I went from coming out to myself, to having a massive social circle in about 2 years. And I did it myself.
I was always my brothers baby brother. That’s how people knew me in school. My brother was always two years ahead of me, and was the hero on the field, and a hit with the ladies, and I was his younger brother, pale from always being in the shadow.
But now?
I’ve swamped with things to do. One glance at the side of my facebook and it’s cluttered with invited to events. It’s like taking your pick, and I’m damn proud of that. I’ve proved to myself that I can be vaguely popular.
And why not? I’m a great guy, and why wouldn’t you want to know me?
Cocky? Me? never!

7 comments:
As a later crack addict once told me in a beautiful voice: "Learning to love yourself, it is the greatest love of all."
Work your swagger yo!
Do you need popularity to be proud of yourself?!
Vlad,
Don't be cynical. Even you were young once. :P
Jack,
believe or not, but I never cared for popularity. I just didn't.
Vlad,
You did not. Sam clearly does. Who are we too judge what makes one proud.
Ian,
what makes you think I was judging anyone? As a human being, I sometimes get surprised by how different other human beings are, but it's all completely judgement-free :-)
Post a Comment