Older. Calmer. Wiser.

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Clear?

Crystal clear. It’s over with the boy. We’re going to be just friends from now on because he wants something different than what I want, and we’re better off as friends.

I’m so disappointed. I feel like such a fool. It ruined my night, and now I can’t stop dwelling on it.

His ex, who he did the same thing to, told me to walk away a few night ago. He warned me. And I took no heed.

Oh of course I know better.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I’ve a busy day pretending everything’s ok, and vaguebooking planned.

For those of you in the know, Urbandictionary have a definition of Vaguebooking:

“Intentional or unintentional vague or ambiguous facebook status message, which people have no clue as to what the heck you are talking about. Also included is posting fragmented song lyrics without stating the artist.”

Just friends. Always just fucking friends. Fine. It’s fine. I’m fine. Everything’s fine.

OK?

11 comments:

Volodya said...

We’re going to be just friends from now on because he wants something different than what I want, and we’re better off as friends.

Well, it's much better to have that cleared up now rather than in a couple of years, isn't it?

Sam. I. Am. said...

it is. and I'm glad he was honest. he just didn't have to drag it out over the last 6 weeks. It kinda came to a head last night, after an eternity of passive-aggressive hell!

Volodya said...

Well, all the dating and being together stuff can be quite a bit of a hell sometimes. Since no one is perfect, in my opinion finding a boyfriend amounts to locating someone with whom good moments tend to be more frequent, or at least more memorable than the hell-ish ones :-) And that can be quite a challenge - but somehow I think that you are up for that challenge and situations like the one you describe in the post just make you stronger. So... stiff upper lip, get your shit together and don't let it upset you...

Jackdaw said...

I'm glad you followed my advice, and that he was not as immature as you feared. You were afraid he would run away and you'd lose a friend. That hasn't happened AND you have clearity.

Volodya said...

Jack,

I am awfully sorry for being pessimistic, but is not "let's just be friends" often, at least in the world of gay dating, just a synonym to "I do not want to date you", so that the meaning "let's be friends" is not assumed?..

Jackdaw said...

Vlad,

You are right if they would have been dating a few time, but Sam left out some information: they already were friends and they have the same group of friends. I think that preserves the original meaning of the phrase, don't you agree?

Volodya said...

Jack,

I hope you are right. Alas, romance often (more often than one would like to think) ruins friendships.

Jackdaw said...

Vlad,

That's why, to prevent ruining a friendship, it's good to be honest and check if it makes sense to risk the friendship and start a romance. Sam has not even started the romance, so this way he preserved the friendship.

Sam,

What did you literally tell him?

Sam. I. Am. said...

I just agreed to what he was saying. " I'm kind of disappointed, but it's grand"

Volodya said...

Sam has not even started the romance, so this way he preserved the friendship.

Ah okay. Well, then this post gets "The most misleading post of the year" award :-) I mean, pretend you did not have the insider info, and read the first three paragraphs :-P

Jackdaw said...

Sam,

Of course I meant: How did you ask him if he was in for more than friendship?


Vlad,

Uhm, yes.