Older. Calmer. Wiser.

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Five Up, One Down

Well, how is everyone’s weekend going?

Last night I went out, and had a great night. We were on a rooftop terrace five floors up in Dublin's Temple Bar. I had a few drinks, and I was tipsy. The smoking are had a four foot rail around it, but aside from that, it was opened. As a leaned on the rail, all I could think about was jumping and ending my life.

I could see myself landing on the street like it was an out of body experience. As I write this, I can feel a weird feeling in my face, like a pressure around my nose.

So obviously I didn’t jump if I’m sitting here typing this out, but last night when I came home, I had dreams where I did jump and they were accompanied by feelings of relief. And I don’t know why.

It’s spooking me out. I don’t know what to think about it.

Sorry x

1 comment:

Jackdaw said...

1) Stop getting drunk so often. Start actually doing what you tell your mother you do already: alternate between water and alcoholic drinks (without doubling drinking speed!).
Yeah, yeah, I read that you hadn't drank much in this case. I don't care.

2) Avoid heights for a while.

3) Don't overthink this, or you will keep dreaming of it.