Something was posted by me in extremely bad taste.
And I apologise. To those I offended.
Tomorrow, I can’t just say sorry and be forgiven. Responsibility is looming.
Tomorrow, I turn 20.
Wish me luck!
12 comments:
Anonymous
said...
"Taste" isn't quite the right word, friend. These blogs we write and read are often tasteless enough. There is a whole gendre of clever enough "sick" jokes.
The "tastelessness" of what we write in these places about ourselves, is OK because we are exploring our selves here, and none of our shit smells sweet.
A "dead baby" joke can be funny, but only because we all agree that there is nothing funny about a dead baby.
Jack just made your butt the butt of his sweet/sad but loving joke. That's OK, too, because his feelings for you were clear and touching. The whole world may have been metaphoricaly watching you writhe in pain, but the whole world was also pulling for you to push down and let him get to where you both wanted him to go. We, the readers, felt something of what you, the fuckers, were feeling.
The problem with what you wrote was not taste, but the unclarity of what your own feelings were. That's bad writing, not bad taste. Your job here is to explore and explicate your real feelings
At common law, you have another 366 days in which to figure out who you really are. Keep stripping, dude; when you get it all off, I'm sure we will all like what shows.
Thanks for admitting it. Apologies accepted. Happy birthday!
And.. well, I think that turning twenty does not mean a cure from making mistakes... making mistakes is a great ability of a human kind :) It's just that the older we get, the more often we understand we make a mistake before someone else rubs our noses right into it. And in such a situation it is extremely important to have the guts to admit mistakes. I don't think it'd be difficult for you! Best of luck in everything birthday boy!
I'm glad the comments from Vlad and me convinced you to remove the post. It was the most stupid thing I've ever read from you.
It's good of you to apologise, but I hope you are doing it for the right reason, i.e. not to be politically correct, but because you have thought about it and concluded that you were wrong. If you haven't, then do yourself a favour: gather information on the subject and try to see it in a different context than your own. If you want to grow, then that is one important way of doing so. If you are too lazy for this, then let me remind you: lazy people grow fat, and that's the only growing they do.
12 comments:
"Taste" isn't quite the right word, friend. These blogs we write and read are often tasteless enough. There is a whole gendre of clever enough "sick" jokes.
The "tastelessness" of what we write in these places about ourselves, is OK because we are exploring our selves here, and none of our shit smells sweet.
A "dead baby" joke can be funny, but only because we all agree that there is nothing funny about a dead baby.
Jack just made your butt the butt of his sweet/sad but loving joke. That's OK, too, because his feelings for you were clear and touching. The whole world may have been metaphoricaly watching you writhe in pain, but the whole world was also pulling for you to push down and let him get to where you both wanted him to go. We, the readers, felt something of what you, the fuckers, were feeling.
The problem with what you wrote was not taste, but the unclarity of what your own feelings were. That's bad writing, not bad taste. Your job here is to explore and explicate your real feelings
At common law, you have another 366 days in which to figure out who you really are. Keep stripping, dude; when you get it all off, I'm sure we will all like what shows.
Happy birthday!
Thanks for admitting it. Apologies accepted. Happy birthday!
And.. well, I think that turning twenty does not mean a cure from making mistakes... making mistakes is a great ability of a human kind :) It's just that the older we get, the more often we understand we make a mistake before someone else rubs our noses right into it. And in such a situation it is extremely important to have the guts to admit mistakes. I don't think it'd be difficult for you! Best of luck in everything birthday boy!
What did we all miss?
I don’t know what we missed here, but happy b-day and all the best.
Congratulations! Enjoy your birthday anniversary.
You are now in your last period of firsts.
0- 9: First steps, words, teeth,...
10-19: First kiss, hangover, sex,...
20-29: First job, house, car,...
30+ : Second wife, house, childhood,...
I'm glad the comments from Vlad and me convinced you to remove the post. It was the most stupid thing I've ever read from you.
It's good of you to apologise, but I hope you are doing it for the right reason, i.e. not to be politically correct, but because you have thought about it and concluded that you were wrong. If you haven't, then do yourself a favour: gather information on the subject and try to see it in a different context than your own. If you want to grow, then that is one important way of doing so. If you are too lazy for this, then let me remind you: lazy people grow fat, and that's the only growing they do.
This might be useful next time. ;)
What did I miss? I read the post and commented and wasen't offended by anything? Mind you, I'm a crackwhore with no morals
Happy Birthday!!!
Happy Birthday!!
Happy Belated Birthday my Irish friend. I'll do a shot of Jameson for you next chance I get.
PS - The socks will arrive eventually. Mailing shit to Ireland ain't cheap 'yo.
Post a Comment