Older. Calmer. Wiser.

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Poker Face – Lady GaGa

Sibling went out on Wednesday night to watch the football. It’s now 23:44 on Saturday night, and he has yet to come home. I’m beyond worrying, it’s his career, his job, his health, his life.

But I swear, if he gets his girlfriend pregnant, I’ll never speak to him again. No way will a child be born accidentally to an alcoholic. I wouldn’t be able to stand it.

He’s being made move out by my parents. But I’m the only one that knows, so far. He’s in a full time job until the 4th of September, and they want him gone, because he’s never home, and that can’t go away at weekends because of him. He’s earning enough to rent a room somewhere, and the independence might grow him up a bit.

I’m personally delighted about the prospect, because it’ll relieve the tension around the house. My sister is moving to Belfast to do another college course, so it’ll just be me, but hopefully, I’ll be up north for the summer.

As y’all know, my parents have a house there. The Northern Ireland economy isn’t as bad as the Republic’s economy, so I’m job hunting in the big town where the house is. If I can get a job ANYWHERE, I’ll move up there and just work for the summer, scrape cash together!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nth Ireland sounds like good prospects, go for it!!! Way more opportunities than here....:)

As for your bro - Your thinking about him being more independent and moving out sounds wise to me..... I got my fingers crossed for him! And your family:)

Volodya said...

No way will a child be born accidentally to an alcoholic. --- doesn't that happen all the time, really?

Jackdaw said...

Having your brother move out is indeed a wise decision of your parents. The independance may make him feel more responsible for his life, and that may cause a drive to change his drinking habits. If not, then he will start drinking more and more, but at least he will take less time getting to the point where he will be forced to get help. Either way there will be some progress.

If your sister is moving to the north, can't you live in her Dublin apartment during that period? That will be good for your relationship with your parents, because your opinion about them will change and you can prove to them that you can take care of yourself in any way but financially. Just a thought...

Sam. I. Am. said...

@Tom - Exactly! All I need to do is just mail a few CV's out like. My aunt up there is such a busybody, that everyone in the town will know me as the Dublin boy who's related to her!

I hope he realises that he has to take responsibility for anything he does from now on. Paying rent, buying his own food, getting to work etc...



@Vlad - It does. And I am seriously worried that him and that whore he's with will pop one out and ruin everyones life. This house is not being changed if there's a baby present.



@"Jack" - I agree with your first paragraph. My sisters roommates are going their separate ways at the end of this month, so unless I can drum 1,800 euro up a month, I shan't be living there. If I get a northern job, it'll be the same. I'll be living up there by myself 24/7 - a great deal of independence?

Evol Kween said...

Been popping into your blog for a while now, sorry to hear your brother is still causing you stress.