Older. Calmer. Wiser.

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Super Trouper by ABBA

Hey gays!

 

So my holidays are over until the summer. I have 2 weeks of college left, 2 weeks of exams and then I’m finished 33% of my course! Scary is the word like.  I’m going to get the finger out for the next month and pass these motherfuckers, but so I’ll be able to get on my way.

My direction is still entirely unknown. I still haven’t a clue, but I can see once I’ve got my exams, because then I actually get a choice.

Ooh, I protested for my civil rights today! This photo is like Where’s Wally? sort of. I’ll make it easy for ye :)

f2a5e352-8d3c-4478-9992-fb79f11945fe

I was a little disappointed actually. We went, assembled at central bank, and just listened to people talking. There was no march, no demonstration, no civil disobedience. Maybe an hour stood on a big plaza, with a stage was enough, but I feel it wasn’t. If you search Irish news sites tonight, you’ll find no news of this. After today, the 800 people gathered means nothing.

Fuck this. We need sit ins. We need to start egging people. How about the gays, with our 2nd Class citizen status start throwing wedding cake at politicians? It’s not like we’re going to get to eat it. I’ll never have a wedding day.

Hey, why are the blacks allowed marry? They were lesser people once. Now, in an equal society, the blacks are equal, but the gays aren’t? And Women? Back to the kitchen. Make things equal, stop bullshitting us about. Stop the absolute stupidity. We’re making it easy for you.

Fucking cunts! Just get it over with.

You’re not going to change opinions by keeping things the same.What, are you waiting for all the close minded people to die, before you change things?

7 comments:

Volodya said...

so how was it? i didnt get to the protest - had to spend all sunday preparing things for the coming conferences etc. :( hope something will appear on the news!

Volodya said...

P.S. http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2009/0420/1224245022960.html

Anonymous said...

Oh my looking VERY Joan Collins in those sunglasses! lol oh and viva all the political stuff!!!

Ryan said...

It made the news in America. Does that count?

Sam. I. Am. said...

Etre - I was disappointed that it wasn't on the news that evening. there were cameras but the footage never appeared

Tom - Joan Collins? I'm never sleeping with you again for that comment mister!

Ryan - Can you send me a link to it? I'd be interested to read/see it?

Ryan said...

Advocate:

http://www.advocate.com/news_detail_ektid79641.asp

365gay News, which is a weekly news show produced by CBS News for MTV Logo: (Can't find the video)

http://www.365gay.com/news/irish-gays-demand-full-marriage-rights/

It's was also on the increasingly gay conscious CNN ticker.

Gay marriage is super news here now because the Supreme Courts are throwing out all the bans and the blue states are starting to legislate it. With Obama in the White House and the Democrats running everything, I'm totally getting off on watching this happen!

Ryan said...

Hey, I just read the article. I didn't know you guys had a Constitution! :p