My Nokia E51 is capable of many many things.
It can read my messages to me in a load of different voices, manipulate stupid people with unsecure wifi. If I shout at it, it does what I tell it. It can survive drops, hold 3000+ messages, handle RSS feeds, install a clatter of applications. It can stream internet radio from laptop to phone via Bluetooth for 100 meters. It can survive a dunk in a cup of tea. It has support POP3, IMAP4, and SMTP protocols. (What does that actually mean though, while we’re on it??!) 8GB memory too.
Nokia have a lovely list here, actually!
But It just will not let me add a contact to the phonebook without freezing! Seriously. Every time I try to add a number, it just dies, straight off. Driving me nuts! I’ve downloaded music and applications from the fishiest of sources on it, and it just breezes through it. I was thinking of getting a phone to meet my new need for a phonebook;
The thing is, I actually used to have a black one of these.
4 hours talk time!? I’m sold!
Nokia. Get yer fundamentals right…
Current Listening - A Red Letter Day by Pet Shop Boys

6 comments:
Was this post really written by someone who despises YouTube videos in posts, because "that's so easy"? No, copying a teenager's review from the Nokia site, that's putting a lot of effort in it!
What a shit post!
Excuse you Mary. The only copied part of this post was the images, and the piece in italics I don't understand.
So don't give me that. righ'?
I know, Sam, I know. Of course it wasn't a teenager's review from the Nokia site, I meant it metaphorically. It was my way to describe how the post looked to me.
You told me a long time ago that you appreciated my honest opinion on your posts. This is, I think, the first negative one.
I'm glad my comment really reached you, but if you feel I accused you of plagiarism then my message overreached its goal. I never meant to accuse you of that. I'm sorry: it was supposed to be understood as a metaphore, because it is also understood that everything on your blog it written by you (and formerly also Holly).
Friends again? And sorry, I couldn't stop laughing at your angry face on Skype just yet...
"No, copying a teenager's review from the Nokia site, that's putting a lot of effort in it!"
Metaphor my arse. A metaphor is only a metaphor if it is preceeded by the words 'like' 'as' or 'and'. Clearly you never meant it as a metaphor.
Constructive criticism does more than harsh criticism ever could.
Bear that in mind.
Exaggeration is also a metaphor in my book, but let's not fight over language. I said I was sorry, and I hope you'll accept my apologie.
About constructive and harsh criticism... I think you forgot to put 'often' in that sentence.
As a teacher I have made the great majority of my students pass their exams through positive encouragements, but for two of them that wasn't the right approach. I got them to hate me, and they made sure they passed theirs exams just to show me up.
Look at the post you wrote immediately after this one. I rest my case.
For someone who writes metaphor with a 'e' at the end, and apology with 'ie', it would be wise to not start a discussion on metaphores. My apologys. :P
Post a Comment