Older. Calmer. Wiser.

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Fuck Fuckity Fuck Fuck Fuck

Sam here….

 

Fine. Fuck you Jack. You want depth, you’re also going to get my underdeveloped thoughts.

Unlike you Jack, I open Windows Live Writer and throw my brain at the keyboard, hoping it makes sense. You plan, and draft, and go through each word.

Fuck that.

Last night, on my way home I saw a man collapsed on the street, and these two men were standing there, talking like they were anywhere. Not over a man who obviously needed help. I wanted to take a picture, but I felt guilty because the two men were there. They obviously didn’t.

At the bus stop, I saw a homeless man get into a sleeping bag, consume 3 baguettes and a massive thing of starbucks(coffee?tea?).

I felt like giving him my coat, change and scarf because it was foggy and freezing last night. But I was afraid of offending him. I didn’t want to belittle him by trying to cram my charity upon him. What was I supposed to do? Charity or not?

How was I so shy. I fucking have no shame when it comes to the down and out. But last night I felt both guilt and compassion. and charity? Charity?! That is so not my game. I’m more of an ‘Sorry, I only have Visa’ man. But I went looking for change. €1.85 was all I had. And I felt it wasn’t enough for the man.

What the fuck is going on with me? If I was homeless I’d presume I’d have swallowed my pride, but wouldn’t want people thinking that. So is he the same. Or is he defeated and ready to be helped?

Maybe it’s because the usual ‘oh help me, I have my hands out. my face is dirty’ act doesn’t work on me, because they annoy me, to no end. But this guy in the sleeping bag wasn’t looking for help, he was looking for a quiet nights’ sleep. And I identified with him? I don’t know.

The following people aren’t being helped. And I don’t know how to justify why. (another unfinished thought, Jack!)

Image(354)

Nokia E51 - August to December ALL (69)

Nokia E51 - August to December ALL (67)

Nokia E51 - August to December ALL (66)

Image(359)

Image(371) 

 

Current Listening - You Only Tell Me You Love Me When You're Drunk by Pet Shop Boys

7 comments:

Volodya said...

Great thoughts Sam. I am a bit confused about the title. You okay?

Sam. I. Am. said...

Jack called me lazy, and accused me of plagiarism in my last post. So I was writing this post to show my current thoughts, despite their underdevelopment.

So the title is just showing my frustration.

Volodya said...

Well, I don't care about plagiarism, but the previous post was kinda boring... I will find my way to get a cell phone review :-) and this post is great, really great.

Don't be frustrated though, we all like reading your posts ;-)

Sam. I. Am. said...

Well yes it was boring. But I felt pressured to write, but had nothing to say.

So that means it's a shit post. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Volodya said...

why would you feel pressured? do you own your blog (or does it own you)?

Ryan said...

I'm somewhere between you and Jack in my writing. Everything I write (whenever I write) is heavily HEAVILY drafted, but most people think I pull it out of my ass one afternoon. I choose to take that as a compliment.

Sidebar issue: you know the NEW PET SHOP BOYS ALBUM leaked, right?

Anonymous said...

This isn't a shit post............ It shows you are aware and mindful of people other than yourself..........

That's a great quality Mr:)