Older. Calmer. Wiser.

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Pain In My Face

Sam here....

 

So I have a few bits and pieces on news for you all. My exams are in like 3 days, and I've spent like all my time on youtube, blogger, bebo & xtube. Just pissing my time away!

I got the teeny tiny mole above my eyebrow removed today too. You want pictures, doncha? Thought so! I went into the Hospital at two, had all my forms and shit done by half two. What time did I get it done at? A quarter to five. as in 4:45. Bear in mind that I had private healthcare, and I was still waiting for 3 hours. Anyway, it's gone, but I have to get my stitches out next Wednesday, so that should be fun...

IMG000005 It's above my left eyebrow, by the way kids!

 

Oh yeah, there's strange goings on in my house. All the upstairs lights,sockets, and the two showers have stopped working. Like completely. I flipped the breakers back up, and they just go straight back down, so I'm going to leave it. My dad usually fixes the shit when it stops working, but he's in Andorra until next week, so it's darkness all round!

I...em....I had a date with Dar tonight. And it was lovely. As your mammy would say. Lovely. We went to the cinema, to see Sex Drive. A fitting movie. We had a few cans of cider, a kiss. Afterwards we went for a walk down by the river, had a bit of a moment. A quick drop of the hand. You know yourself. Anyway, he said that he didn't want to use me, and that he wasn't going to be selfish, because he doesn't want to lose me as a friend. Which is a nice thing to hear, although I'm still skeptical. We went for food (he paid) and went our separate ways.

I'm not going to dwell on this, but can y'all go give JBGBC some love. He's going for a cancer appointment tomorrow, and I'd imagine he could use a distraction or two?

Also, can you comment Jack and tell him he's old. The words 'You are old' will suffice.

Other news...other news...oh. oh. OH. Today, during the 3 hours wait, some time after my phone and iPod both died, my mother told me to never sleep with men, it was a lesson having to go for HIV tests and masturbation is better than sleeping with people. She thinks every gay man is a killer. If that was the case I'd have a phonebook full of killers.

I sort of want to try LSD. Curiosity is getting the better of me. Tell me your not tempted, after reading this -

On April 25, 1943, Dr. Albert Hofmann intentionally ingested 250 µg of LSD. After ingesting the substance Hofmann found himself struggling to speak intelligibly and asked his laboratory assistant, who knew of the self-experiment, to escort him home on his bicycle. On the bicycle ride home, Hofmann's condition became more severe and in his journal he stated that everything in his field of vision wavered and was distorted, as if seen in a curved mirror. Hofmann also stated that while riding on the bicycle, he had the sensation of being stationary, unable to move from where he was, despite the fact that he was moving very rapidly.

The attending doctor could find no abnormal physical symptoms other than extremely dilated pupils. After spending several hours terrified that his body had been possessed by a demon, that his next door neighbour was a witch, and that his furniture was threatening him, Dr. Hofmann feared he had become completely insane. Hofmann mentions seeing "fantastic images" surging past him, alternating and opening and closing themselves into circles and spirals and finally exploding into coloured fountains and then rearranging themselves in a constant flux. Hofmann mentions that during the condition every acoustic perception, such as the sound of a passing automobile, was transformed into optical perceptions. Eventually Hofmann slept and upon awakening the next morning felt refreshed and clearheaded, though somewhat physically tired. He also stated that he had a sensation of well being and renewed life and that his breakfast tasted unusually delicious. Upon walking in his garden he remarked that all of his senses were "vibrating in a condition of highest sensitivity, which then persisted for the entire day"

Awesome. I'm going to leave you on that bombshell.

5 comments:

Jackdaw said...

IMPORTANT: I think I know you a bit, Sam, and I would strongly advise you not to try LSD for a while. I don't wanna explain in a public comment; I'd rather do that in a private setting. Although I've never tried LSD myself, I think I can still explain why I think it would be a very bad idea for you to use it. Please, do take my advice seriously and let's talk about this soon.

JUSTIN said...

I would never advise someone to do LSD, but as someone with "considerable" experience with said drug, I'll answer any questions you may have.

Sam. I. Am. said...

I've decided to do Mushrooms. Fuck LSD, and you can grow your own mushrooms, so you know whats in them!

You're both surprisingly protective of me, strangely enough, warning me against drugs and the like!

Mike said...

um... I'm not sure trying LSD would be the best idea...

Jackdaw said...

I was so focussed on warning you not to use LSD that I completely forgot to comment on your mother's statement.

I know several closet gays who don't dare come out because their parents share your mother's opinion. I'm glad you've come out before she shared this with you.

Did you tell her, by the way, that the reason to get tested for HIV and STDs was not that you had practiced unsafe sex, but just because you wanted to make sure you hadn't caught an easy-to-catch, innocent STD? Just a medical checkup really. If she really thinks you were getting tested because you had unsafe sex, then she must have been worried sick about you for the last two months...
Maybe you should tell her that you are aware of the risks involved with sex and that you are protecting yourself very well. That's probably all she needs to know.