Older. Calmer. Wiser.

Thursday, December 18, 2008

7 Courses, 3 Bars & Vodka From A Bin

Sam here....

Last night was wild! And I mean wild. So it starts with me skipping my last lecture at 5, going home in 'the-week-before-Christmas-at-rush-hour' traffic, throwing on something vaguely respectable and just running out the door! So we went to The Living Room first for a few student pints (anything under €5/$7.20). After that we headed up to a Lebanese restaurant for a 7 course meal. It was actually gorgeous. And we were all in such an amazing humour! It was like the start of a joke actually....

13 homo's and a Jew walk into a Lebanese restaurant....

I digress. Anyway, so after that, we were heading to The Front Lounge for a few drinks, but myself and Jess, a friend from college had a bit of a plan. We nipped into the off licence (AKA liquor store) to buy a naggin of vodka between us. Between us. So a small bottle of coke each, and half a shoulder into Jess' bag, and into the front lounge we went! A shoulder is 400ml by the way. Anyway, so we had that out in the smoking area, and shortly after were were on our way to being drunk and on our way to theG It's a good thing we had the Half shoulder each before we went in. Guess how much a pint is on a student night? Guess. €7.90! To Americans that's $11.50. Ridiculous. But there was a drag show and loads of really nice people. Maybe the bitchy gays are becoming a minority or I was wearing rose tinted glasses, but it was actually the best night I've had in so long!

The place closed at around 3AM, so we went across the road to Charlies IV, for some non traditional chinese food! Charlies are all over town actually, but they've all got different numbers. Like I was in Charlies IV last night, but there's a Charlies III around the corner. It's a pretty clever actually, makes it unique kinda.

Anyway, so then it was taxi time, because it was verging on 4:00 here. Got a taxi home. In bed by 5AM, up at 6:30, straight into college, still drunk!

And now, boys and toys, I am on my Christmas holidays until the 12th of January.

1 comment: