Sam here....
I found my leaving cert results today. So I scanned, cropped and thought I'd share.
By cropped, I don't mean I straightened and contrasted. No, I blacked out my name, age DOB and exam number. Fools. My shitty scan job adds character.I went for my STI and HIV test today.
Quite the not amused. I thought it would be some gentle prodding, and maybe a question of two. But no. The dignity of H&M jeans was soon lost. Oh yes.
You know, when you're a kid, you have them bubble sets, and it's like a container of soapy water and a stick with a hoop in the end of it?
These things. Yes. One of these mini things, down the fisheye. 'Relax' he said. Not one word of warning, before he went fishin'. It's fairly painful, having a man lashing a hoop down my one eyed monster, let me tell you.
But they were playing Pretty Woman in the waiting room. Made me laugh, they were playing a movie about a prozzie, in the waiting room of an STI clinic....

6 comments:
So ... your Irish is as good as your English?
When I had mine done, they used a Q-tip (cotton swab). It wasn't pleasant, but at least it wasn't freaking METAL. Ugh. My sympathies ...
Fuck. That. My doctor can run the tests without inserting anything into my boy.
Chris - W did you have one done? Hmmm.
And it was plastic, that's just the first image google threw back at me....
Justin: Does your doctor run your tests on blod and urine alone? There was more swabs he could have taken, had I not stopped him (Y)
Oh, years ago. It's one of those things you don't readily forget!
Yup, blood and urine. No swabs for me.
Yeh, they don't need to do the swabs anymore, that's fucking medieval. I had a lady do that once, and made sure there wasn't a second time. Sheesh. Find a doc who was the 2008 version = no pain.
Post a Comment