Sam here.......
It's been a bit crazy since I last wrote to you all. So I'm going to recap.
I went camping on friday evening. When I was away during the summer, I met a big group of people from the richer, upper class areas of dublin. These are the people I was going with. And me. From my upper working class background. Wait, is that even a social genre??!
Anyway, we arrived down to County Meath, A little village called Slane. Hopped in the taxi, and got to the house. I swear, it looked like a tiny country cottage from the outside, but it was 3 floors. More plasma than a bloodbank. Crystal everywhere. It weas savage. So friday night we stayed in and got drunk. Good times. The next morning, we were looking around, and we spotted STABLES. STA-FUCKING-BLES. 14 horses. Fourteen. And where does she keep them, you might ask, on her 180 acres of land. I swear to god, it was the most insane thing I've ever seen. The thing is, she doesn't live there full time, so she has people employed to keep her horses. I was stunned and I had never felt so poor in my whole life!
We drove across her field in her van, to her private lake! Went for a bit of a splash and back to her house. Bit of dinner and then walked several kilometers to the pub. A place called Lacken. My god it was lacking alright. It was one of those old country pubs where they sold milk, bread and stamps behind the bar. And there was Elvis Memorebelia all over the walls! It was a fairly strange experience alright!!
Sunday, I got up early and just sauntered (sitting on the bus with my head in my hands, wondering why I drank vodka last night...) home.
How was your weekend?
Older. Calmer. Wiser.
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Looking at the title of this post, I think you omitted two third...
Wow, that certainly put my weekend to shame!
Although it is lack of other details but its shows some lessons. I like this blog too. Thank you for sharing.
Post a Comment