Older. Calmer. Wiser.

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Paint & Protest

Sam here.....

 

 

I'm off college for the week. Sweet deal, right. This is my 'review week' where we are suggested to go back over all the work we've done! They gave us a fuckload of projects to do as well, which I did in one night. I just stayed up and did them one after another so I have the whole week free!

 

So last Saturday afternoon, I went down to Ventures (Like scouts, but no badges, leaders or uniforms). We had been asked to paint a compass on the floor. Just because our new den is opening next week after almost a decade of refurbishments. It took 15 hours of markings and paint to complete.

Image(178)  Image(179)        

Image(181)  Image(183)

Image(184) Image(185)

                              Image(191)

 

I'm so proud of that. After it was finished we went around the place, the 4 of us, grabbing people and pinning them against the wall, and saying that if they stepped on, or damaged the paint, we would damage them in a permanent way. We said this to every individual, because people assume things never apply to them. It's dry and it just looks brilliant!

 

So yes, last Wednesday was protest day! It was so much fun, we were protesting with college to stop the reintroduction of college fees! Basically it was an excuse to put a naggin of vodka in a 7up bottle, get free tee shirts, and walk through town shouting slogans like

'stick yer fees up yer gees!' &

'fuck the fees, not your mother!'

Some total genius made this banner and hung it across the ha'penny bridge!

Image(168)

 

So I've been a busy boy. Oh, and I had sex with Dar. Today. Oops, yeah I know. But damn some things get better with age! He's like a fine wine!

 

4 comments:

Volodya said...

Ehm... what about Ste?

Sam. I. Am. said...

em....

He hasn't text me back once.

and I got the delivery reports. So I know he got them.

and he has a bill phone, so there's no reason for him not to text me back.


so basically he's being a bitch. So I'm not contacting him until he contacts me, but i'm not holding my breath....

Volodya said...

oh that's bad - sorry to hear that, man

Jackdaw said...

The compass looks neat.

Oh, and all the projects finished in one night? Wow!

I know you are gonna write more about Dar, so I won't put any questions about that in my comment here. I'm happy for you. Be careful with his feelings too, apart from preventing yourself from getting hurt. ;)