Older. Calmer. Wiser.

Friday, October 24, 2008

The Most 'Celtic Tiger' Thing I Have Ever Done

Sam here....

A tiny bit of background before I begin; The full Wikipedia Page here

Celtic Tiger  is a name for the period of rapid economic growth in the Republic of Ireland that began in the 1990s and slowed in 2001, only to pick up pace again in 2003 and then have slowed down once again by 2007. Ireland experienced a boom in which it was transformed from one of Europe's poorer countries into one of its wealthiest.

So we all follow? We were poor. Then we were rich. So today, because there's visitors coming, I was cleaning this

bathroom brush

the new bathroom in the extension,

while wearing this

 

Abercrombie Shot

 

Abercrombie. How very affluent in little catholic Ireland.

While I was scrubbing, I was listening to

idock

an iPod.

 

While all this rocking out to MGMT and cleaning was going on,

We were paying this guy

ntl worker

 

To install a DVR. Like a Tivo, to you Americans.

 

Can you say recession?

Because I sure as hell can't!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny...you neglected to mention the phone upon which you took the photos... ;) MGMT rocks...

Sam. I. Am. said...

Oh, that?


That's a Nokia E51 business class phone with inbuilt WiFi and 3G.


Seeing as you mention it....