Sam here
It's 4:48 in the afternoon. I'm lying in what can only be described as fancy squalor. I'm lying in just a tee shirt, with a comfortable polo neck. Naked otherwise. Listening to the soundtrack to Hedwig and The Angry Inch. I'm in my bed. The sheet is on the ground. I have a duvet and a thick blanket. My curtains are pulled but because its day, I threw another blanket over the curtain the kill the motherfucking light. I'm blogging on my phone because my laptop is on the floor, dead, and the charger is miles away. I'm wearing aviators because the light from my phone stings like a bitch. And I look hot in sunglasses.
I couldn't be happier. Like right now, this is bliss.
So last night I was being driven mad by the A grade gays. And the fact that I'd never been to a gay bar. So last night, I called on Holly. And we hit 'The Dragon'. It was, the classiest establishment I've ever been in. And everybody was NORMAL!! Like don't get me wrong, i haven't had some sort of moment where everything is suddenly clearer, Jesus no. It's just. Like Dar had planted this idea that all gay bars are sleazy shitholes. Their not. Well the dragon wasn't. It was nice, and we met this lovely guy. Holly disappeared for a smoke and we talked for like an hour and a half. And it was fucking nice. So Dar can shove his stereotype up his hole and swivel on it.
Like I don't get how this whole gay scene works, but judging on last night, everyone is alright. And the lady behind the bar gave us free shots. What a star. I mean, if you bump into someone by accident, you both apologise, there's no hassle, you're not going to get your teeth kicked out in a laneway. It's just so easy going.
And like every scene, hetro, homo, whatever has its A grade meat that's untouchable, right? So fuck them.
Oh, I have a date tomorrow too. A guy named Paul. I'm surprisingly calm.
I was talking to Jack, and he was planning a post for his blog, Butterflies and Hurricanes. I asked what he meant. He was writing drafts and a final piece. I just open the blank box and throw my thoughts down. They develop as I type. So can you tell?!
Older. Calmer. Wiser.
Friday, October 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Glad to find out that you're in a better mood :) Dragon is fun, if you don't go there too often - otherwise it's incredibly boring. As for stereotypes - it really depends on the country where you go to a gay bar - in many places around Eastern Europe most gay bars would be kinda sleazy, cruisy etc. - with darkrooms, tv screens with porn on the walls etc. :(
Good to hear that you did enjoy the Dragon.
There are certainly many different types of gay bars, and the atmosphere can be completely differ from one night to the other in one and the same bar.
It's about time you went to a gay bar, and I'm glad you didn't regret it!
Good luck on the pending date!
VLAD@
I'm not going to haunt the place, but I will be going back! The George is suppost to be quite sleazy apparently!
JACK@
Yeah, it was actually so much fun. And quite an eye opener with the lack of stereotypes!
JUSTIN@
Thanks dude! I'll post all!
haha
The George is just less entertaining - its sleaziness is more or less on the same (zero) level!
i think i'm going to a place called pantibar tonight? Sounds interesting! It's like i'm on one big gay tour of Dublin!
as a matter of fact, panti bar might be the most sleazy one :) they say it even has a darkroom on some nights
Such mental images you weave, and yet you didn't record any of it for 12 of 12? Naughty lad ;)
Post a Comment