Sam here....
It's 1:22AM
Parent of the year told me that she thinks I made a bad choice this morning, and that she was disappointed. I've been thinking, and now, I know it shouldn't have, but she's ruined my day. Lets not lie about it, I've been internally obsessing over it.
I mean, how dare she be so selfish. Or am I being selfish? It wasn't a choice, even indisputable science has shown that I didn't make a choice.
Their both disappointed, and think I made a bad choice. My brother is an alcoholic, and refuses to get treatment. He refuses to admit that he can't control his drinking, even though it's as plain as day, and they've said to him that their disappointed in him.
Is being gay equal to being an alcoholic?

4 comments:
Suppose it were your choice? Was it a bad one?
not at all. I love being the token gay friend. I'm not the novelty, i'm just being myself, and if there was a tablet that could straighten people, i'd throw it down the drain.
It wasn't a choice, and if it was, I'd choose being gay. It's so much fun!
In a word, NO. Being gay does not equal being an alcoholic.
Are you being selfish? If wanting to live your life the way you want and not the way your mum wants is selfish, then yes.
On the other hand, wanting someone else to live their life the way you want is a bit more of the traditional definition of being selfish.
I hope your mum comes around... after all, you're her son.
she won't come around. She's internalising the most part of her upset or disappoint. Maybe her outburst was the tip of the iceberg?
Post a Comment