Older. Calmer. Wiser.

Friday, May 23, 2008

Caffeine, Fonts & Sexism

Sam here....

 

So basically I've no female blogger's on my blogroll. I noticed this today when I was opening all my links in tabs, and noticed they were all written by men. Maybe some sort of disinterest in the ol' va-jay-jay, subconsciously? Just a theory.  A Local Girls' Day In Pictures doesn't count because it's a cartoon!

I'm addicted to caffeine. I found myself craving coffee today, so that's how I know. I'm not planning to stop or anything, I just thought I'd share that! I will give up eventually, but for now I shall remain banging the Nescafe gold blend into me like some sort of wonderful drug!

Image003

I was in the newsagents this morning buying credit and all these young one's come in. You'd swear she's found gold or something;

"Sharddn! Dayar aftuuur chayingin daa chewin' guyms. Loayd a' faggggitsss. It does beee all mad culur'd nowih".

For those that don't speak Working class Dublin, I'll translate;

"Sharon! Their after changing the chewing gums. Load of faggots. It does be(yes, does be?!) all mad coloured now."

Wrigley's changed the font on their packaging. They did nothing else, but change the font. I was stunned. Truly Stunned.

No comments: