Crackers!
For the leaving cert, as part of the "construction studies" curriculum, each student must build a project. In true Irish style each and every one of us slacked off until the final week of construction, in which we all panicked and shoved our half arsed brain children kicking and screaming into existence. It was a long and painful labour too, let me tell you. I wonder if all women have this much hatred for their children as I do my project? I decided at the start of the year to be different and build a home bar for serving alcohol and what have you. In theory this was a good idea. In reality it is a hulk of a creation. Picture a small car. Then cut it in half width ways. That's about it. Our main problem here, however, is not the size of the bar but the lack of help I have had making it. This is no one's fault exactly, our teacher has a lot on his plate with all of these monsters springing into existence, but he unfortunately happens to be very vague with his instructions and tends to walk off mid sentence. So when instruction fails to make sense, as it often does, we sand. If I never see another square of sandpaper in my life I will die a happier woman. Long story short, the finish date was yesterday, and I'm stuck with this... box. That is what it is. I have 7 shelves left to make by yesterday. Pictures will be up, eventually.
In other news, everything is going pretty good! There is no particular reason for this I suppose, but life is going smoothly, at least for me, which leaves me free to help everyone else with their problems. I always enjoy helping people so its a good thing.
Anyway!
Laters =]
Older. Calmer. Wiser.
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment