Older. Calmer. Wiser.

Thursday, April 03, 2008

A philosophical argument

Sam here....




So in school I pick up bits of philosophy in Religion and English. But we learnt something that struck me. During adolescence your rebelling because you need to assert your independence. Hormones also have a large part to play in this, but I'm not going to go there. The teacher basically said that we're all giving out parents hell now, but by the time we're 20 or 21, we'll be friends in a mature stable relationship.

Ok. So myself and the 'Parents' fight a lot, but lately we've been fighting less and less. I mean it was last Friday when she started talking to me again and hasn't stopped since. This is positive, right? A mature step in our adult relationship? I presume so, but Presumption is the mother of all fuck-ups, so we'll see where that one goes.

Our main fighting cause is me studying, or In 9 weeks I'll never have to sit another day of school. So then what will we fight about? Nothing hopefully, we'll have a positive adult relationship. As I typed those last 3 words I just had a thought; My sexuality. That's the next thing she'll not accept and we'll fight about maybe. Am I crossing my bridges before I come to them?

I'm more confused than I was when I started this post and it was suppost to be positive


Current Listening; Spin 1038

No comments: