Older. Calmer. Wiser.

Saturday, September 19, 2009

I’m On A Boat!*

 

But tonight, Friday the 18th of September 2009, I dumped Mr. Man. By text, as one would have it. I have them on my phone, and Imma gonna copy it word for word, typo’s included :)

me: Youtube a song called cuddle fuddle by passion pit and tell me they didn’t rob cyndi (lapuer) blind!

him: Oh I will! oh and i dont know if u’ve pegged it but ive been reclusive

me: I’ve noticed. I wanted to have a talk with you actually. This sort of isn’t working for me…

him: Yeah same here. but we gave it a bash kiddo!

me: yeah! so we’re calling quits, but it was fun like! and at least we dont hate each other :)

him: yeah. ok i’m waiting on a super inportant text so everytme the phone beers i flip. text you later.

me: ok, no bother. talk to you later! :)

odds of me hearing from him in the next fortnight? I’m not holding my breath.

But I’ve already got a date thing on Monday with a super nice boy from the north. He’s a trainee accountant, 23 and from northern Ireland, near from where my mother grew up. He lives in Dublin now, and is such a sweetheart. He mailed me on Face book after adding me and asked if I was heading out on Monday. He said if I was, would I like to go for a pint, and gave me his number. I kissed him on the lips without tongue last Thursday. And that was it.

And then I shrieked like an adolescent girl and rang my BFF! I’m so excited, I actually know what I’m wearing already!

I hope he doesn’t think I’m a tramp, come to think of it…

I’m also seeing a gritty European who’s a journalist, and a writer (published 3 huge books and is living off them and his newspaper column). I’ve seen him a few times, kissed him. And I’m meeting him for coffee on Monday afternoon, and going to his house party next weekend!

I’m glad I leapt in the boat, I feel quite alright with my decision. But then again, I haven’t slept, so my subconscious hasn’t had time to bring out the guilties!

Have y’all seen the new iTunes? It’s kind of weird, and I can’t get my album view. It’s kind of annoying.

*I tried to resist the title, because it’s so horrifically cheesy. But then I said FUCKIT and did it anyway. Symbolic, actually

3 comments:

C said...

Well that was a simple breakup. I kind of expected that though. Be emotionally aware of him and your feeling for him, because you never know when unfinished emotional business could pop up. Try to be gentle on these two other men ;-)

Anonymous said...

ALL OF THESE SHENANIGANS AND YOU NEVER RANG ME? You naughy git, I'll be bitch slapping you on the bottom when I see you next! :)

JUSTIN said...

You're a busy boy!