Sam here....
I bought a Russia hat yesterday! I know that's a stereotype, and it's not actually called that, but it's basically a furry hat with ear flaps! Last night, everyone wanted a shot of my flaps, let me tell you! Yes yes, crude humour, but it puts a smile on my face! My teeth look so crooked in that picture! Seriously. Like the front one on the left is like GigantorTooth! Their not like that really! gah! That's going to be so distracting!
What is the obsession with the Irish? Like the whole fucking world must be Irish or something.
It's really funny actually. I was away during the summer, on the Jamboree with friends, and one evening we got talking to this group of Americans. So the whole "oh, you're from America! Cool, what part?" dialogue took place, when they announce Aaron is in fact Irish. So we're thinking that he must have just moved or something.
Try Blonde, American accent, and a distant non-blood relative. Sorry son, not tonight. Unless you're,
- A resident,
- Were a resident & moved,
- Are the son or grandson of a 'born&bred' Irishman,
- have an/ eligible for an Irish passport.
You are not Irish. NOT. IRISH.
Well, it's hardly all their fault. I mean when you google 'Ireland'. You get these;
And we. Ok. I'm speaking for me. But like, I'd rather have the world think we're a big pack of villagers, than towns filled with Cocaine using people who can't afford houses in the capital (Like New Jersey kinda.)
I suppose every country has to put its best foot forward, to earn tourism, than show Ireland as a gangland crime, drug swept recession hole.
Amsterdam - Drugs & Prozzies
Australia - Kangaroos & Fosters beer
China - A big wall, Rice & Communism
Canada - Maple Syrup & Ice Hockey
Ireland - Guinness, villages & red hair
Russia - the AK47 & Vodka
You all see these stereotypes? You see that this is how the world sees these places? I'm not going to try change a media image of Ireland. The Irish people, however. Not to be taken lightly.
Have a GREAT weekend!
Current Listening: Kids - MGMT

6 comments:
The hat is cool!.. and stereotypes are for being broken - myself being a Russian guy who doesnt drink vodka.. XD
OMG!! Those photos are so beautiful!!!
Hit me back!!!
Peyton
What is the American stereotype?
vlad - i'm keeping the balance. you dont drink it. i do :)
what do you drink?
payton, these were a sarcastic stereotype.
jbg...etc...., em, i dont know. so many of them lol
Oh, lots of stuff :) Wine, smithwicks, whisky, absinthe, liquors etc :D
your russia hatis DASHING! :)
Post a Comment