Older. Calmer. Wiser.

Monday, September 15, 2008

Someone Else!

Read this. Jack wrote it about me. You'll need to read it or what I'm going to say won't make sense to you.


It's always weird to see someone else write about your situation.

I'd thought my mother would have outed me to the siblings, but once again, she disappoints me.
Jack forced me to do something I hate doing and come out. When I saw it written that we were online for 80 minutes with him coaxing me, I left ashamed because I needed someone else to give me courage. But it's done. So I owe Jack a pint.


The offer of flights was shockingly Generous. I was out in the city centre and rang him. Unfortunately I could't travel. It would just be so difficult to explain that I'm seeing someone I met online, as there's somewhat of a stigma attached to it.

I'm sorry I didn't. I really am. I wish I'd gone. I should have just said 'fuckit, where's my passport', jumped on a plane and had a good weekend with one of the nicest people I've ever talked to.

I start college on Wednesday. Worried.....

3 comments:

Jackdaw said...

Uhm, you did owe me another pint already, so I expect to get two now! ;)

The compliment at the end really moves me. Thanks!

I realize that the answer to this question is probably a complete blog entry, but: why are you worried about college?

What do you expect it to be like? It's interesting to write it down, and read it back after a few weeks.

Sam. I. Am. said...

the college thing; it's like starting new anywhere.

'Will I fit in?'

'Will the other people hate me?'

'What if everyone knows each other from school and I'm an outsider?'

'What if half this shit fies over my head?'

I'm sure you know the sort of stuff I'm talking about

Anonymous said...

Found your blog via Jack's blog - and it's quite cool!

Well done with coming out! Just keep going!

Vlad