Older. Calmer. Wiser.

Monday, September 08, 2008

My weekend

Sam here.....


You'll have to excuse the lack of capital letters in this post, my phone doesn't spell check! On my last post, i went to a lot of effort to make that video and a youtube account to upload it with. And then no comments. I LOVE comments. Seriously.

So as ye know, I went away last friday to county Cork, in the south of Ireland for a weekend camping, with 9 other people from ventures. So after 6 hours on the bus with delays because it was bucketing rain, we arrived. We set up tents in the rain, and went for a wander. The thing is, I was on the jambo in July, so I recognised loads of people from that, and people recognised me, so loads of people were kind of on the same buzz, so it was like being with old friends. Friday night, we went to the tents, didn't sleep for the whole night, sat up talking and throwing oranges at other peoples tents, turning peoples stuff like tables and chairs upside down, just basic michief really. Saturday morning, we went boating out of the south coast. Saw dolphins, it was brilliant. Had a bit of lunch and started fishing. Caugh 22 mackrel. So then saturday night there was a foam party, and fire breathers and loads of stuff like that, it was wild! I saw this guy, Dan, and we kind of went back to mine for 'coffee'. He left on sunday morning, we packed up our shit, and got back on the bus, and when people fell asleep, the markers came out and we drew cocks and stuff on peoples faces. It was a brilliant weekend!

So today was my birthday. I got up, got dressed and went into town. I bought myself clothes and stuff. I collected Hannah from work and she made me get something pierced. You know the little nub on your ear, just before the hole? Yeah, there's a bar in that now. Didn't hurt as much as I thought it would. Going out for birthday drinks on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, so it should be good.

 

Image(088)

4 comments:

Craig said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a great weekend!

JUSTIN said...

Cheers to a great new year!

Jackdaw said...

The last weekend as a teenager(*) you really acted like one. Sounds like you enjoyed it very much; good for you. Well, I suspect that you did some grown-up things as well: how does Dan like his 'coffee'? And how many cups (or mugs?) did he take? Did he also make you coffee, and was that any good? :P


This weekend may mark the end of a period, as in a few weeks your college years will start. I can wait to hear your stories about that and the people you'll meet.

(*) I always thought that teenage years run from 13 to 18. I just discovered it's 13 to 19 officially, but I choose to ignore that fact.

Sam. I. Am. said...

Jack - well I woke up, and there was coffee stains in my tent....

Being young rocks, and college is actually going to kick ass, it's unreal.

Craig - What a weekend it was. Some things are fading slowly on my neck as a reminder....


Justin - We're both a year older. Nothing to do but go out and get loaded! cheers