Parents are like a negative energy. They sweep in like a storm, and destroy everything you've built up; self confidence, money, happiness, all gone like it never existed. They painfully restore their regime upon you, contradicting any progress made.
The 'rents went away for the weekend, leaving me, the baby of the family and 2 older siblings alone in the house. I cooked Friday, Sister cleaned the kitchen because I cooked. Went out on Friday night, text them telling them I wouldn't be home, that was grand. Brother made us a fry on Saturday afternoon, we sat watching shit daytime TV and all being hungover as fuck, eating gorgeous, transfats. Everyone went out again, texting each other telling who would be home and who wouldn't.
Sunday morning. Parents coming. I hoover the floor. Sister unstacks the dishwasher. Brother does clothes runs and stuff. Teamwork. Bonding. We work well as a system.
Parents come home. Shout at the brother for being hungover. Give out about the kitchen because there's 4 cups and a few forks in the sink. Shout at me for being too big to fit in a suit that fitted me almost 3 years ago. Telling me to stop eating so much and I might be able to find clothes I fit. I say its fine, I've got like €2000 put away, so I can buy a suit out of that. No apparently, I can lose weight. So I have to lose like 2 stone in 2 weeks for a wedding. 14pounds in a stone, by the way.
Basically they call my sister a slut. Long story, her deadly boyfriend stayed over. He actually such a hero. But she's a slut apparently. In my mothers words "I don't want the neighbors knowing".
Negativity all round
UPDATE!

2 comments:
Wow, your parents must have had a terrible weekend. What other reason could there be to act the way they did when they returned.
I remember you saying that you could lose some weight. However, it's important to have a REALISTIC goal. I also remember you saying that this holiday you would do some sports to lose weight. How's that going... of am I too confronting now.
Hm... you mention you birthday as if you care if they are there to celebrate it with you. I think you really prefer them gone fo you can party...
Too bad about the trip. Why not spend your own money on it?
Well I actually have lost weight, basically it's called leaving the house for 12 hours with no money, and lying in a park.
No money= No food.
Yeah, my dad has a mild case of OCD so basically he knows if something is out of place, or if my friends have been in. What we (myself and the siblings) do when they go away is photograph each room, we're talking 5-6 photos per room, so when we're putting all the crap back, we know where it goes.
Post a Comment