Older. Calmer. Wiser.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Lisbon & Alcoholism

The Lisbon treaty is roaring. Everyone has the words on their lips. Yes or No is the start of conversations. I'm proudly voting no because I don't want to lose our attractive 12.5% corporation tax, and Lisbon threatens our neutrality. Anyway, the politicians are all pushing a yes. Out government leader admitted that he hasn't read the handbook, and there's huge confusion. Apparently we're the only EU country to hold a vote on it.

'Find the right pub, and any night's an occasion'.

There's this campaign launched by DIAGEO, a collection of alcohol organisations, advising us to drink sensibly. It could be that I don't get it, but is 'any night's an occasion' encouraging us to go to the pub every night?

The exams are going alright. Some of them are not going as well as I hoped, others are going better than I could have imagined. I have History, Physics and Engineering left! I'm dying for this to be over and to start working!

Current Listening; Any Way You Want It - Journey

No comments: