I'm stealing K's idea and writing an open letter;
To Whom In The Radio Industry It May Concern,
I, and legions of my peers are quite frankly sick of these 'conversations' on the radio, plugging some shopping centre, night club, car insurance, bank, insurance, mobile phone or assorted crap! It typically goes like this
"Oh Hi John."
"Hi Claire. I just got great insurance at BigNameLessCorporation."
"Oh I heard that they have a great rate, of just 4.81% APR"
"And you can even sign up on their website!"
"Do you have their number?"
"1800 100 100. That's 1800 100 100. Give them a ring any time."
"terms and conditions apply"
Or;
"Hey, are you coming for lunch?"
"No, I've got to meet my bank to apply for a mortgage"
"What are you going to a bank for? I went to MortgageScam. Their great"
"(enthusiastically)MortgageScam? What is that?"
"Their a new company. For a limited time their offering 88.99% APR and free contents cover."
"Wow I'll give them a call. Gimme that number?"
"1800 NoHouse4U"
"Thanks, I gotta go!"
Oh yeah, I totally want a mortgage now! Bring it to me baby! NO! Who are these advertisements convincing? Seriously? Them two actors weren't going for lunch! Who write this crap. If I was writing adverts I'd throw the facts down. This is how it's go;
"No, I've got to meet my bank to apply for a mortgage"
"What are you going to a bank for? I went to MortgageScam. Their great"
"(enthusiastically)MortgageScam? What is that?"
"Their a new company. For a limited time their offering 88.99% APR and free contents cover."
"Wow I'll give them a call. Gimme that number?"
"1800 NoHouse4U"
"Thanks, I gotta go!"
Oh yeah, I totally want a mortgage now! Bring it to me baby! NO! Who are these advertisements convincing? Seriously? Them two actors weren't going for lunch! Who write this crap. If I was writing adverts I'd throw the facts down. This is how it's go;
"Right, here's the story. MortgageScam. 88.99% APR. Based in Dublin. New company. Free stuff giving away because we've fuck all customers. 1800NoHouse4U is the number, OK? Great."
Not that difficult, is it? Didn't fucking think so!
Yours
Sam.

No comments:
Post a Comment