Older. Calmer. Wiser.

Friday, February 01, 2008

Paint, Blood & Floorboards

Sam here....




Despite fucking my maths and Irish tests up I'm still smiling! I just broke a floorboard in the house. They're about 6 inches wide and about 4 foot long. Oh and they were the originals in the house since it was built in 1909! I stood on it and went down, but the nails holding it in place stayed still! I just laughed when it happened. I'm caffenated up to my eyeballs right now!
I want to give blood. My father has been giving blood since he was 19 and I want to do the same *rant start* but apparently gay blood can't be used to save lives because it has some sort of gay disease in it. Never mind the man who does cocaine every weekend and donates blood, oh his blood is grand, but you, Mr. Clean shaven, non- smoker, who happens to be gay, your blood is no good, you might make someone else gay. No run along you second rate citizen! *rant over*
My friend kJeni has a father who is having a mid life crisis! I don't see what the big deal is. Last night I was in hers and her dad was painting the stairs white. Then this afternoon I got a text from her and I quote
"Ok. My dad really is having a mid-life crisis. He's painting the whole kitchen white and singing to the Beatles. Now I am really scared...."

About forty minutes after that I got another one

"And now he's painting the front room...."

I'm laughing to myself but at the same time I remember about 5 years ago I came home from school and my dad had painted the steps to the back garden lemon yellow and painted the floorboards in his bedroom vomit green. The floorboards have since been carpeted over thank god. So yeah I can relate but At the same time all I can think of how horriffic all that white paintwork will be to keep clean!

No comments: