*Holly, I logged in as you to get these mails, hope you don't mind :)*
So last august I told my parents I like boys. Well I told them i was bi....but I'm 100% gay. I suppose I did it to give them hope. I really wish i had completely come out :(
I mailed Holly the day before looking for advice. I just logged into her *insert social networking site here* to get them.
Me;
"told my parents that i'm bi last night.my parents can't look me in the eye.funny stuff.and no,i didn'y cry!!
"Holly;
"Well done! Im proud of you, its not nice to live a lie!
Look, they will get over it. They just have to accept it. And if, at any point, they turn around and pull the whole "its only a phase" thing, all you have to say is "yeah, it could be just a phase. it might only last a few months, or it might last forever,.... but its the way im feeling right now so you are just going to have to accept that.".... or you could also say "yeah its only a phase... ill probably be gay quite soon" that would REALLY get them

how did you do it in the end?
xxx"
Me;
"my mam was going out to work so we sat in the front room(the quiet room) and i just basically said it to her.he seemed happy and kept hugging me but now i think they think it's a phase and i'll grow out of it but i won't.they have the problem,not me!"
Holly;
"Awh well done im so proud! sorry i havnt texted you, my phone is on the fritz :S It sucks monkey bollocks."
There's more
I turned 18 that september, and on the night of my party(which was a huge success people are still talking about) a frirnd of mine wrote me a card, which I can't find to quote from, but it basically said that I have an amazing taste in men and we have to go get ourselves some of that sexiness. I was pretty drunk so i left it down and the next afternoon cleaning the house my mam read it :S
I can't remember her exact words but it was like 'you've made your mind up already by the looks of things*waves card in the air*. People will be talking about you now'
I was upset. She will be disappointed, and I will lose their support. I mean my relationship with my dad has broken down completely. We barely speak, We avoid each other at all costs, and it upsets me. It's like he's not proud of me because i like boys. NOthing has changed, all my friends are more supportive than my family. I have to tell them i'm gay but I'm ridiculously scared, not to mention the siblings(1 older brother, 1 older sister).
How did you, my lovely readers, come out to family and the like?
Sam
xx

No comments:
Post a Comment