Sam here….
I’m fucking angry at myself. I’d break my Jaw, if I could. I’m having trouble learning something in College. We’re doing PLC’s (Programmable Logic Controllers) and I haven’t got a clue. And I can’t say it to anyone. I tried saying it to my lecturer that I hadn’t a clue, and all ‘the guys’ started making fun of me. So I mailed my lecturer, and he never mailed me back. So now I’m skirting PLC’s, and I feel like such a cunting coward for it. I need to grow a pair and just get on with it.
I’m going to stop drinking. I was doing a fair bit of reading, and uncovered a few things I’ve known before. It’s a depressant. There’s actually a pattern I’ve noticed since about August. I drink on a Wednesday, and I feel like shit on a Thursday and a Friday. So it’s like depressant central.
It’s fucking expensive. I’m living on €260 a month, so I really shouldn’t be drinking, I should save for my summer. I don’t get money off my parents during the summer, so I’m on my own there. I’ve handed out 30 CV’s today, to EVERYWHERE! Hopefully I’ll get a job somewhere, anywhere. Let the euro* roll!
*Did you know it’s euro, singular? Like you don’t say Seven Euros, Twenty Cents. It’s always singular. Seven euro, twenty cent. It’s so easy to spot the non-native when they pay for something :)
But anyway. I feel like a shitty blogger, and for that, I apologise. If what you read is shit, mail me and tell me! Like looking back on last years posts, what I’m writing, and the regularity of which I write is total arse. I need to get the finger out and get cracking!

4 comments:
"Programmable logic" sounds really creepy to me. Like it's from that Tom Cruise movie I slept through one time. Maybe you don't get it because you're just a non-conformist awesome person?
I think I just said Euros in a comment about underwear on Jack's blog. If so, that's really lame of me! I watch Skins all day, I should know better than that.
You linked! Thank you!
Don't your lecturers have "office hours" when you can ask questions? Also, don't be afraid of asking questions in class - and if someone is laughing at you instead of listening to the answer, you'll laugh at them at the exam. Cheers.
The thing is, I feel like I'm making a show of myself when I ask questions.
And 'the guys' aren't helping, I wish they'd just hurry up and drop out....
Vlad is right. Remember that you are there to learn new stuff. The people who think they understand something usually don't have a clue. The ones who don't understand it have really thought about the subject and are an important step ahead.
If you think 'the guys' will drop out, why worry about their comments? In the end you'll be the one who laughs last. Besides, did you fail any of your exams so far? That's right, you didn't. This is just a subject where you haven't seen the light yet. Keep asking questions until you understand, inside or outside the classroom.
I'm qualified to teach that course at that level, so if you have any questions, you know where to find me.
Post a Comment