Sam here....
I learnt what the 'Prnt Scrn' button does. I'm going amuse myself for days with this one! Like now, minutes before I started typing this post, I was copying the pictures you see below!
Big Brother is watching you. You all know there's no such thing as digital privacy and blah blah blah. Well I don't care, but I was pretty freaked during the week. I was doing a project, using Word.
How the fuck did it know I was writing a letter??! That's scary! Does Microsoft know I'm writing this? What I'm listening to?
In the wrong hands, that sort of power is very useful. Like their placing advertisements everywhere now, so if windows knows, say that I'm using a Tevion wireless mouse, or a Casio digital camera, then companies could advertise, right on my desktop? Because they know I use their products? And what about silent market research? By simply plugging a product into your computer, statistics of how many products are in use go back. We have no choice.
I'm not suggesting we all go throw our laptops off the roof. But. Well we have no choice. It's weird how you can just be cornered.
So, say I type words associated with terrorism, will the CIA, FBI or Europol pick up on it? Will my traffic thing down there on the right register the computers they use to find the keywords by scanning?
Big Brother is watching. How very George Orwell - 1984.

2 comments:
In fact, MSN chats are automatically monitored for terrorist talk.
i feel like putting that to the test! hehe
Post a Comment