Sam here....
I've been staring at the white cursor flashing for the last few minutes, trying to put thoughts down. But everything seems to be unwordable, the second I try to think.
So Christmas day. Just the usual dinner thing. Because my fathers' mother died last year, this is sort of the first Christmas with no extended family. My fathers' brothers and sisters just want no contact with each other, apart from one. It's sort of sad, and I'm determined to not let it happen to myself and my siblings.
I woke up on St. Stephens day (26th December) and just played with my new laptop. On that note, Vista is making me feel physically ill. Like I want to vomit every time I see that. Ugh. Such incompatibility. Just. Ugh. I miss XP something terrible. Went out that night, just went for a walk, to get out of the house, and I get a phone call, summoning me to the pub! I headed to my local, and met the guys from college, my old school and a few familiar faces. So I had a good night.
Got up today, and the ceasefire was over. The war at home was back on. My exams are on the 12th and basically they know how little study I've done, so their cramming it down my throat. It's going to go like this. If I fail 1st year, their not letting me repeat, and I'm going to have to get a job within 2 weeks from the date I drop out of college, or else they start taking my savings as weekly rent. When that is used up, I'm out of the house. My brother was evicted for a little while a few years ago, so I know it's not an idle threat.
But I don't want to be in college. I want to do something useful. Something practical. Something I like.
How do you say that to a parent. Oh. I got a job actually! It's in a cafe/bar here in Dublin, and it's run my a girl from the LGBT Soc in DIT. She told me she'd have work for me in January, when the shifts change, but whether that's true with our current economic climate remains to be seen.
I'm going Ice Skating and then onto Make&DoDo @ Pantibar(visit the site. It's fun) with them! But I accidentally invited Alan, and he's bringing loads of friends with him. So do I ditch the society people and go off with Alan? I know that the 2 won't mix, because the society people will destroy me. They know about my days of pure sluttery, while Alan doesn't. So I'm sort of shittin' it about that.
I Hate Vista. I hate it. It's a needy fucking child, tugging on my freshly ironed sleeve every 5 seconds when I try to do ANYTHING! With XP, it just let you work away, only informing you about important shit. But Vista. My god. I'm done ranting.
This picture, was taken outside the bar. Yer man was really drunk, and he was talking pure shite. Turns out dialling drunk isn't a youth thing. Oul' Fellas get it too. It made me laugh, so I photographed it. I have to do a mobile photo slideshow soon, I have some ridiculous pictures actually. I photograph everything!
I'm in love with Cat Stevens Greatest Hits, Eurythmics Greatest Hits, and the entire No Doubt & Prodigy back catalogue. Flavours of the week.
New years. No plans yet....

2 comments:
FUCK VISTA. I've been struggling with it for over a year and seems to be getting worse.
Vista's incompatibility amuses me and not in a good way, in that Microsoft was stupid enough to put it on the market.
Post a Comment