Sam here....
Just to recap:
Wednesday- Got stoned/drunk with school friends.
Thursday- Got drunk on €3 drinks.
Friday- Went north with family. Slept lots.
Saturday- Got hammered/stoned with my cousin & his mates in his garage, while drinking home-made cider. From a bin.
Sunday- 3 Projects to do.
Monday(Tomorrow)- Going out to PantiBar for Make&Do.
Make&Do? What's make&do I hear you say? Well, basically it's where you have a few drinks, and then she gives you arts and crafts supplies, and you have to make arty things under the influence. Then have your meager skills inspected sarcastically by a 6'5" dragqueen named Panti. Fun times!
So I went north on Friday, just slept in the car, and in bed when we arrived. And the next day, I slept in until 1. Then I went and spent extravagant amounts of my fathers money on clothes. on clothes. And shoes. And accessories. Fun times had by me. Yes yes. So then we headed back to the house, and I slept from 5-9, got up, put on something, which made me look like a respectable boy, and headed to my aunt's house. Her son(my cousin) is going around South America for a year. On his own. And this was his going away thing. So I was sent out to the garage to get cans, and I walked in. And never left. There was this guy there, filling pint glasses with cider, from a bin. Real cider. He made himself. It was actually really good if you don't mind potentially illegal alcohol content, lumps of fermenting apple or the risk that you may go blind. Oh, and today, my stomach feels like a Mumbai Hotel! So it was a good night.
Then, I got home about. Sorry actually. Bit of background. My mother is from a tiny village in the north of Ireland, and we have a house there. It's a 2 hour drive from here, and it's just really nice and peaceful to get away from the city.
So yes. I got home from the party at about 2, climbed into bed, and flicked on the TV. After about 5 minutes, I got this weird smell, and the screen was flickering. There was this loud click/snap sort of noise, and light coming from the back of the tv. Flickering. Orange. Light.
F.U.C.K.
Grabbed the tv. Unplugged it. Put it in the shower, and turned the shower on. By this stage my parents had come upstairs and were wondering why the smoke alarm was going off. So I explained, and left the TV in the back garden. Scary enough actually.
So now I'm back in Dublin. And I've a fuckload of projects to do, so I'm going to have to wrap this up. But before I go, I just want to say thanks to the people who commented on my video. Very flattered, so I was.

1 comment:
"my stomach feels like a Mumbai Hotel"... I laughed out loud at your morbid humour. I hope your Indian readers can appreciate it as well. (No, don't remove it!)
Scary things with the tv! I hope you made sure your feet were not in water that touched the tv. Even unplugged it is quite charged. Were your parents at least a bit proud of your quick and effective action?
Even more daring is the drinking of home-brewed cider... I doubt if I would have taken the risk to taste it.
Hey a house in the country. That is very nice. What do your parents do with it when they're in Dublin? Maybe some day you will me able to use it for a romantic weekend with your boyfriend...
Post a Comment