Sam here....
Guess what I just did? I just came out to my mother!!!
she sat down, and basically asked me about the time i came out as bi and I just said, 'oh, I'm defiantly gay' while looking her in the eyes. She didn't smile or cry. She didn't pass it off and she didn't hug me, which was weird.
It was as if i told her that I made coffee earlier or something.
But I'm out now :)
Older. Calmer. Wiser.
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Sometimes it can take a long time after a guys' shocking discovery that his parents are assholes to reconcile to the fact that these strange people always have and always will love him.
It can take even longer to some to terms with the fact that by and large women are a whole lot smarter about reading people than men are. I suspect most mothers of gay sons know their kid is gay even before the kid is quite sure of it.
It sounds like your mother found the courage to ask you for a confirmation of her supicion about something very important to you and about you. Good for her, and good for you that you had the balls to give her the truth.
Now that you're out, you're out for good, and can write a very different letter than the one you've been planning. I hope the final text is one imbued with love.
Rick
Sam,
I'm so proud of you!
And the timing is perfect: Ready to go to college out and proud,... and fit, right?
Thanks for sharing this... immediately ;)
Everyone but Sam,
I'm a bit disappointed in you guys:
Sam has come out! Either you have...
- come out already: Then you know it's a changing point in your life. You understand how Sam feels.
- the plan to come out. Then you will admire him for having taken the big step.
- thought about coming out, but you done have the guts. Then you also know what he went through, although you might (probably incorrectly) assumbe that your situation more complicated than Sam's.
- the habit of calling yourself 100% straight. Don't fool yourself You must have a lot of questions for Sam...
For everyone reading this blog, there is a very good reason to comment here, knowing that this is the one post that Sam must have been hoping to write when he started this blog... C'mon people, don't be shy. You can comment anonymously, like Rick did.
Wow, thanks Jack :)
LOL at "as if I told her I made coffee earlier".
so basically ur mum asked you if u were a bi ?
great going man! that one *huge* weight off your shoulders now!
Post a Comment