Older. Calmer. Wiser.

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Poverty and Precious Summer

Sam here....

 

The work on the house is ongoing. I can home today and waked into a room containing the most depressing thing that you can see;

Image001

A bulb on a bare wire. My body cried out for a lampshade. But it was in context. Today I came home and my beautiful 'decorated-in-the-80s-when-we-were-poor-because-Irelands-economy-didn't-exist' kitchen looked like something out of Angela's Ashes;

Image002

(Except for the microwave, George Foreman & Dishwasher.) The new kitchen is arriving soon, thank fuck!

On an entirely unrelated note, The Irish government have made bold moves to stamp out the thing my friends and I call fun; The Gardai(the police to you) will have new powers over alcohol to stamp out 'binge drinking'. Blah blah blah. We'll find a loophole. We always do.

  • The off licence's will only be open from 10AM to 10PM
  • Every pub will have CCTV
  • Services like 'Dial-A-Can' will be removed. (DialACan was great because when you were 16, they never checked ID, and you just ordered drink like you would Chinese food!)
  • Drink will be held in a physically separate area of any shop or if unavailable, it will be held behind the counter.

I got in the car today and it was 33 degrees C(91.4 F) inside and 22 degrees C (71.6F) outside. I hate May & June because their always sunny, and EVERY YEAR, EVERY SINGLE FUCKING YEAR it pisses rain after the exams. June(when the exam is) is beautiful, but July and August have more fucking rain than January.

 

Current Listening; The Fratellis - Got Ma Nuts From A Hippy

No comments: