Older. Calmer. Wiser.

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Chronicles Of Youth - The Transformation

Sam here....




I thought this would be a good idea, and I'll see how it goes. Every Monday, I'm going to write up an event or story from my distant or near past which I think is relevant to where & how I am today.

In the summer of 2006 I changed from a repressed downbeat boy into a comfortable outgoing man. Here's my story;

I hung out with a group of people in 2005/2006 and I didn't fit in at all. They had an inkling I was gay, but didn't actually know. The wore tracksuits, spat a lot, swore & they smoked like chimneys. They spent their time laying around being nasty to each other. Basically they weren't nice and not my scene whatsoever. I knew a friend of mine from school had these friends who were nice, but a bit strange, or so I thought, but I never saw him outside school, despite the fact we lived in the same area.

One day I was sent to the shops to get milk& bread and I ran into a friend of mine. It was mid- summer and I was restless. He asked me what I was up to and I just replied with 'nothing much'. I went with him and he was heading back to the strange group, but I was unaware of this.
So I arrived back and I was introduced. They were all so nice and friendly towards each other, I thought it was a joke at first, like they were being over polite as an act. Anyway, I spent the afternoon with them, but I was in work at 6 so I had to go get changed and the like. When I was heading they asked me for my number, and I gave it. I was in work, was out at about 8. At 8:45 I got a call asking me was I coming out from one of them. I went out sheepishly, and they were lying in the park, still as nice as I left them, on this beautiful warm summers evening listening to Fall Out Boy, I can still remember the song. They were so nice, and genuine.
That night I got more numbers, texted them and whatnot, and when I told them I was gay they were so cool about it, it was unreal! The next day I spent with them and the day after that, and the day after that. I ditched the chain smoking losers and met these nice people.

Almost 2 years on, I'm happy, have a great group of close friends and just love where I am socially. I'm a funny guy, and before I was so repressed that I never knew, but when I'm relaxed, I made people laugh. There's so much more, It just makes me feel amazing.


That was the first one, what do you think?


Current Listening; Scenery - Blondie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Smartphone, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://smartphone-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.